Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver causes black screen + hangs on startup

CJavi1
Beginner

Hi everyone,

So one night before all this happened i was playing games peacefully before my laptop suddenly hangs and forces me to hard shut down it, and after that hard reset when i turn on my laptop again it will show and load the bios, after that it will only give me a black screen without being able to do anything.

After a few google searches and resets i found out that intel HD graphics is the problem and i went into safe mode and disabled it. It worked, my laptop is able to boot into windows normally and all, but since if I disable the intel driver my laptop would default to Windows Basic Adapter. I couldnt play games and the brightness is set on maximum which pains me, so i decided to reinstall the Intel HD Graphics driver after deleting it with DDU.

But whenever i install my Intel HD Graphics driver, my computer will hard freezes / hang and goes to black screen again with buzzing robotic sounds which forces me to hard reset it again and deleting / disabling it again from safe mode.

Now im operating my laptop by disabling my Intel HD Graphics and i would like some help here, thank you very much.

Here's the spec of my laptop:

Lenovo Y70-Touch,

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit,

Intel HD Graphics 4600 & Nvidia GTX 860M

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50Ghz

And the things i've tried:

Any help will be very much appreciated, thank you so much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​disable   some features  of  graphics card  by creating  new  registry keys , there is  a  documents  of Microsoft  website .  I  have  already  modified  such a way that , my  intel graphics card  does  not hung , no black screen

try below site 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/wpf/graphics-multimedia/graphics-rendering-registry-settings

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello CJavi1, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello CJavi1, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos