Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver keeps crashing my windows 10

derrickearly
Beginner

Tried to install the following driver on my pc with an i7-4770 cpu.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html

The system freezes after the install at the next button.  I have to boot in safe mode and roll back the driver.  I tried deleting the adapter and restarting, and the startup fails.  Back to safe mode and I installed the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver to achieve a somewhat stable result.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Strange, I have multiple systems (with Braswell, 4th gen and 5th gen processors - including the one I am using to do this post), that are all running on this version of the driver without issue.

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
derrickearly
Beginner

Here is the data that you requested.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not seeing anything strange, but you didn't enable all data categories so there is data missing from the report. Please run again and remember to enable all data categories this time.

...S

0 Kudos
derrickearly
Beginner
The computer is crashing just sitting there doing nothing now. Looks like we have a hardware issue. Buying a stripped down machine, so we can shift the good parts over.
0 Kudos