Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Intel® HD Graphics 4600 - driver problems in Windows 10

RStok3
Beginner

Suddenly my desktop computer lost screen signal after Windows boot (see pic).

Have tried to start up in safe mode and rolled back driver, deleted driver and so on, now the only driver that works is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Have tried many drivers from intels site with same result.

Tried to restaure a previous version of windows without luck, now I have tried updating everything but same result.

If i try to install Intel Driver screen looses signal.

With the basic driver everything seems to work but CPU works harder than normal. Browsing internett is 30%, opening a game makes it go to 100% and I have to stop the game.

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII IMPACT

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K

Integrated graphics in CPU: Intel r hd graphics 4600

Ram: HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 16GB Red

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The driver you should be using is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

But, first, you should upgrade to W10 1903, then install the driver.

You may be experiencing a hardware failure. Try a different monitor cable.

Doc

0 Kudos
RStok3
Beginner

Hello, first of all thanks for your prompt reply, unfortunately I`m still having the same issue.

Updated back to W10 1903 and installed the driver from your url, same result.

Have also tried 3 different HDMI-cables.

Hope to get some other suggestions aswell.

Best regards

norwegian n00b

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RStok3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, you may try the following steps:

1- I noticed you tried different HDMI cables. Have you tried different video outputs? It seems that the motherboard comes with DisplayPort™ port.

2- Please uninstall the Intel® driver and test using the customized graphics driver from ASUS*. Also, you can check if all other drivers are up to date (for instance, chipset driver, BIOS version, etc.). You can download the ASUS* drivers using this link: MAXIMUS VII IMPACT Driver & Tools*

3- To discard hardware errors on the processor, please run an Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.

Once the test is done, save the report by clicking on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

4- Finally, for testing purposes, would it be possible to test with a different HDD/SSD (so you don't lose your current files) performing a clean install of the operating system (OS) to see if the issue may be related to OS corrupted files.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

*Links to third party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RStok3,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos