Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 flickering and black screens on games and videos.

GScar1
Beginner

Greetings,

After the Win 1709 update mi pc is not able to perform how it used to in terms of graphics. In games that previously ran without problems, now there´s flickering with split seconds of black screens and even videos are not being displayed with ease. I supose that there is a problem with the driver after the update, because previously, everything worked great, all the games I played worked flawlessly. My specs are:

Biostar h81mhv3

8gs of RAM

i5-4460

Windows 10Pro

Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I tried reinstalling the driver, looking for new ones, mess with the graphics settings. Can´t find a solution.

I hope that you are able to help me out and not to have to buy a gpu.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello guidovelez ,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

I am glad to assist you, please make sure that you have the latest graphics driver version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 4835.

I understand that the system was working fine with the previous Windows Version, have you contacted https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ Microsoft* to let them know about this issue?

You can also try a fresh Windows installation.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
JWype
Beginner

I have a similar problem

I found that rolling back the driver to an older version fixed it. So I don't agree that it's a problem with Windows, I think the latest version of the driver is buggy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello guidovelez,

I was double checking on your case and I would like to know if the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the post above were helpful for you.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
VBisw
Beginner

I'm facing the same problem while playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive fullscreen without vsync.

I have the latest driver 20.19.15.4835 with HD 4600 (i5 4690).

This user is also experiencing the exact same issue as me ->

The problem goes away if I turn on Double or Triple-Buffered Vsync but this introduces noticeable input lag.

It manifested right after I updated my desktop to Windows 10 1709 (Creators Update). This may indicate the driver's incompatibility.

I've attached the output of DxDiag.

I hope it gets sorted out soon. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, vihalbiswas

Thank you for joining the thread.

In order to assist you better with the specific problem you are having in your computer I recommend creating a new thread. Please make sure you add all of the details of your computer so we can get more information about the problem.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
rbaja1
Beginner

I have fixed this issue while gaming same used to happen with screen flicker only way to solve which was turning vsync on or playing on windowed fullscreen. However these are the steps to solve flickering issue in games-

Go to your game's .exe file>right click>properties>compatibility>tick on disable fullscreen optimization

Enjoy gaming in fullscreen without vsync (tested this method on both cs:go and payday 2)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rupish,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

Hopefully, other community peers facing the same issue will benefit from your experience resolving this issue.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
JBake25
Beginner

Can confirm, this works.

Just started having this issue today, seemingly out of nowhere. Updated the drivers and all that good stuff, nothing worked. But your fix? Your fix right there? Cleared it up. Kind of a pain because it happens on all my games now, but at least it is a simple fix.

Just made an account to thank you, dude. Been through so many forums tonight. 😄

0 Kudos