Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 620 Top Screen Flicker - Microsoft Surface Book 2

BRauf
Beginner

Hi Intel

Hoping you could help me with this as soon as possible.

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and the whole top edge of the screen (a pixel width) is flickering across the top of the screen. I have an Intel HD Graphics 620 installed as the display adapter on my laptop, and when I uninstall this and revert to the standard Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the problem no longer exists. Is there a fix for this?

It's clearly a software issue and I genuinely think its a very poor reflection on your company.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Bill

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Billsdem

Thank you for joining the community

Cloud you provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report for verify the system information, you can download it with the following link

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Please attach the report to the thread

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BRauf
Beginner

Hi Leonardo

Please find the Intel System Support Summary for my laptop below:

I look forward to hearing from you with a solution.

Kind regards

Bill

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Billsdem: Thank you very much for providing that information. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post them on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Billsdem

Thank you for waiting,

Looking into the information on the case I will like to advise you to complete an uninstallation of the graphics drivers and manually install the drivers again, follow the following steps
  1. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  2. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  3. Expand the Display adapters section.
  4. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select uninstall.
  5. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip
  6. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  7. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  8. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  9. Expand the Display adapters section.
  10. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  11. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  12. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  13. Click "Have Disk".
  14. Click "Browse".
  15. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  16. . Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  17. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  18. Reboot your computer.
And let me know if you have any issues with the installation

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BRauf
Beginner

Hi Leonardo

Thank for providing me with a step-by-step guide to resolve the screen flicker.

As requested, I ran through all the steps noted, however this was unable to resolve the issue. I believe it is an issue with this update, as I am sure some previous versions did not have this flicker, at least according to some forums. Also, please note, I could not select the files called "igdlh64" or "igdlh", so I selected the "Graphics" folder instead after clicking on Browse.

I am hoping for a fix to this problem very soon and please address this as a matter of urgency. It's a global issue with your drivers!

Kind regards

Bill

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Billsdem

Thank your feedback sir I see that the system works fine with the manufacturer drivers our recommendation is to keep using the OEM drivers since those made for your specific system

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Billsdem

Thank your feedback sir I see that the system works fine with the manufacturer drivers our recommendation is to keep using the OEM drivers since those made for your specific system

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos