Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics monitores en VGA

LPoo
Beginner

Tengo una Acer Aspire con Intel Celeron B830 1.8GHz corriendo en Windows 7 Profesional y una Intel HD Graphics. Tengo un karaoke y utilizo mi laptop para correr un programa de karaoke y enviar la señal a 10 diferentes televisores usando un Convertidor VGA (ya que las TV.s estan conectadas por medio de coaxial y no soportan RCA, HDMI o VGA). Tengo el ultimo controlador 9.17.10.3223 disponible para mi laptop descargado desde la pagina de Intel. El problema reside que al conectar 1 monitor standar la Laptop por el puerto VGA lo reconoce y soy capaz de cambiar entre clone y extended desktop pero cuando conecto el cable VGA del convertidor al puerto de VGA de salida de la laptop (Caja que utilizo para enviar la señal de mi laptop a los 10 monitores) la PC no reconoce ningun monitor conectado. Cabe mencionar que soy capaz de utilizar este convertidor sin ningun problema con otras dos PC de escritorio que tienen Windows Vista con NVIDIA y una Windows 7 Pro con Radeon ahi me reconoce los monitores immediatamente como deberia y envia la señal, pero el caso no es asi cuando uso la laptop con Intel HD, no obtengo nada como si nada estuviese conectado ahi. Porfavor ya eh actualizado el driver 3 veces desinstalarlo y reinstalarlo, actualice windows etc. todo lo que se me ah ocurrido lo que me lleva a las siguientes preguntas.

Explico como esta configurado mi sistema

PC-->cable VGA hacia Convertidor de VGA a Video-->cable Video RCA hacia (4 way audio video selector o splitter si no me equivoco [marca Radioshack])-->cables de salida hacia las diferentes TVs

Intel HD Graphics es capas de soportar un Convertidor de VGA a Video?

Soporta un splitter?

De nuevo menciono que cuando conecto un monitor generico al puerto VGA la laptop lo reconoce inmediatamente.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

We suggest that you check the information posted on this article:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033418.htm Graphics | Intel(R) Graphics And Televisions FAQ

As you may know, Intel(R) video drivers use the EDID (Extended display identification data) in order to detect and configure the monitor that you connect to the computer. Using such adapters (which do not have EDID) prevent the video driver from reading the EDID from the display or displays connected, therefore, a monitor is not detected.

In this case, as mentioned on the article, adapters may or may not work, this completely depend on the cables and converters or adapters used and the quality of them.

0 Kudos
LPoo
Beginner

1st of all sorry for posting my question in spanish, Thought I was on the spanish site.

Ok that would make a lot of sense, but do you know in your experience if NVIDIA and ATI Graphics card also use EDID? cuz as I mentioned before I DO NOT have this problem when connected to these Graphics cards, image comes out to the TVs as an extended desktop like it should be.

Another thing worth to mention is that originally this laptop had WIndows Starter but because that version does not support extended desktop I installed the Pro version (dual boot) maybe the driver in the original windows is conflicting with the Pro?.

Is there a way to overide the EDID?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

1. We only have information on how our video controllers work, however from what we have heard from customer's feedback, some video cards seem to work with no EDID at all.

2. This is not related to a driver conflict, this is a limitation to the usage of adapters. Keep in mind that these video controllers are only validated to up to two active video displays.

0 Kudos