Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel HD graphics (Celeron N5095A) and 3840x1600@75 resolution

Alex___B
Beginner
Hello, I can't make my mini PC work with my LG 38' monitor with native resolution. The funny thing is that the PC is able to produce 3840x2160@60 on the same monitor (so its HDMI2, not HDMI1.4) but only able to do 3840x1600@30. I tried almost anything, installed latest drivers etc. The issue persists across different operation systems - win 10, win 11, ubuntu linux. It looks like hardware/driver limitation (my older Celeron J4115 works perfectly with the monitor). What else can be done?
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Alex___B, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those details.

I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case we can confirm that the graphics report is showing the desired resolution of 3840x1600@75 meaning the GFX driver is detecting it properly. Since you already tried 3 different OSs including Linux, we can rule out driver issues since the issue happens while using any of them. As you mentioned and based on the answer provided by Beelink, this is very likely related to the customer's system and the best approach is to check with OEM.

For this type of scenario, there could be a bandwidth limitation also. We used Kramer calculator to determine that approximately 13.82 Gbps is the bandwidth required for you to be able to use the resolution you are looking for.

In the following link, you will find a table in reference to that topic, and according to it, the Max. Effective Bandwidth for HDMI 2.0 is 14.4 Gbps, so if the port on the computer is actually HDMI 2.0, the bandwidth should not be a problem but, as you just recently added, if the port is actually HDMI 1.4, then there will be a bandwidth limitation to try to use that resolution:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023004/graphics.html

So, as stated by Beelink, this seems to be a hardware limitation, and the option to use the resolution needed, unfortunately, will not be available on this specific platform.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos