Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD620 color depth problem on primary monitor

LMoer
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same issue with the Intel Graphics HD 620 as in thread /thread/120305 https://communities.intel.com/thread/120305

After installing the latest driver version 25.20.100.6323 (release 10/1/2018), my primary monitor, the first one in the DisplayPort chain (I have two Dell U2415 monitors daisy changed by Display Port), seems to have reduced colour depth.

This affects everything shown on that display, for example the Windows wallpaper, photos and images in web-browsers. If I drag the image or browser-window over to the secondary display, it's all okay.

This is on Windows 10 x64 with all the display options 32-bits by default and recommended resolution.

Like the original poster phil_l in thread 120305, I revert to driver version 15.47.02.4815 it's all fine again.

So even the latest driver still has the bug that has been reported in December 2017 and it affects at least the HD620 and HD630 Graphics adapter.

Hopefully the problem will be solved with the next driver-update.

Leon M.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello LMoerland

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

in ma noticing that the behavior that you are reporting has been reported on the thread that you mentioned (/thread/120305 https://communities.intel.com/thread/120305) and according to Bryce Furuya on his last post this is has been brought to attention, I would recommend monitoring that thread for updates.

I have sent you private messages please see your private inbox.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello LMoerland

I was checking your case and would like to know if you have received/reviewed your private inbox.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos