Okay, I have two Intel different Intel 11th gen systems. I have installed Windows 10, the Netflix app, the latest drivers (22.214.171.12455) and the HVEC codec from Microsoft (Link to Microsoft store ).
When playing 4K HDR content like:
- 6 underground
- Squid game
Then all kind of black and white artifacts pop-up on both systems.
- Used two different Intel 11th gen systems
- Used direct HDMI to LG TV or with a receiver in between
- Tried to lower ram speed (2933MHz to 2133MHz) to test for memory issues
- Tried different HDMI cables
- Happens ONLY using Netflix
- Tried to use Netflix in Microsoft Edge browser, which results in the same incident
- Updated firmware of LG TV to latest state
- Updated Bios of both motherboards
- HDR is switched ON and OFF
- Problem is highly related to HVEC decoding because the problem disappears when switching back to full HD
- Issue seems to be related to other topic on forum
- Tested this issue with other Intel system from friend (also 11th gen) and same problem appears
I suspect that there is a decoding issue with the drivers or somehow an incompatibility with Netflix 4K. If you need more information, I will provide further details.