Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 problems with HDMI

GVile
Beginner

Hi, i have problem with intel Iris PRO 6200 (i5-5675C CPU)

i think i am in same bout as all of you complaining that HDMI is not working. I have noticed it after Windows 10 update to 1803.

I have main board with 3 video out (HDMI, DP and VGA) and Samsung FHD LCD with VGA and HDMI input. From beginning everything worked fine with HDMI cable, but after windows update i have got black screen instead of welcome. Bios is working well on HDMI, also i see booting screen, but after it appears welcome screen monitor get's black, no cursor no anything (also don't show that cable is not connected or out of sync). Thanks god i have enabled RDP for my pc, so by that i have managed to connect VGA cable and enable screen clone. So for now i have 2 connection's and testing to figure it out how to fix it.

So what i have tested for today:

1. Updated intel drivers to latest 5058

2. Fresh windows install of 1803

3. Tried different screen resolutions with refresh rate

nothing helped, also read a lot of information in this forum, tried to disable intel graphic's and enable it again someone got result's for that, but for me it is not working.

Also i don't have any GPU installed only integrated intel. didn't test DP (don't have cable)

do you have any other suggestion's? How to bring back HDMI support ?

Some info:

MB: Asus Z97-A-USB31 (latest bios)

CPU: i5-5675C

Monitor: Samsung LS24E391HL

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Geduxas,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® Community.

I understand that you are experiencing graphic issues after the Windows* 10 update to 1803.

Based on the description of your case there are some things that we would like to consider:

1. Windows* 10 update to 1803.

Have you tried to go back to a previous build before the update?

Since you already tried a clean installation, this step is highly recommended as you already installed our latest graphic drivers.

Have you tested your system in safe mode and see if the issue persists? If the issue remains, you may try a clean re-installation of the latest drivers, please let us know the behavior on safe mode so we can guide you through2

2.Troubleshooting through task manager

Once that the black screen pops up, please press CTRL + Shift + esc, this will bring the task manager of your machine.

On the top left corner of the windows you will see "file", please click on it and click on run new task.

Now type explorer.exe and this is supposed to bring the desktop back.

In order for me to check your current settings, please provide me with the .txt file that the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
GVile
Beginner

Hi Diego.

thank you for your support, as you may know 1803 update came a long time ago, and also it is recommended one for now.. Waiting for new release, maybe there will be some changes...

I have made fresh install because my hdd is failing, so I am switched to SSD and just thought to do clean install, so I have downloaded latest windows 10 build (1803), thought it will fix that problem.

So on HDMI BIOS works, windows setup went smooth, also everything worked well till Windows automatically downloaded Intel drivers. After that HDMI went to black screen, so again I managed to make clone to VGA output, and now i am working on 2 links in same monitor. HDMI and VGA, performing some test's and switching between sources, so till now on windows I get picture only then i uninstall intel drivers.

Your suggestion to call task manager and run explorer don't make any sense... Because everything works via VGA so HDMI only output's black screen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Geduxas,

Thank you for your response.

In this case we will need the report as asked above in order to have a better insight of your system.

Our recommendation to open the task manager it is only to verify if by executing the explorer the driver stops translating for a moment, so we can discard driver corruption as the culprit of the issue.

Have you tested your system in safe mode?

Have you tested a different HDMI Cable too?

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

0 Kudos
GVile
Beginner

Hello,

as for Task manager, as i told i have 2 connections to monitor in Screen clone mode (HDMI + VGA) via VGA link i can see everything so launching applications also launching explorer.exe makes no difference for HDMI output.

just started in Safe mode and HDMI works

Restarted in normal mode via HDMI black screen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Geduxas,

Thank you for your response.

We will need to investigate further now that your system works properly on safe mode.

I am currently awaiting for your report.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

0 Kudos
GVile
Beginner

I am a bit confused about what should i do? What raport do you expect from me ? In last replay i have confirmed that in safe mode hdmi output is working, what should i do next?

So hdmi works in bios, while installing windows, while booting to windows (rotating logo), and in safe mode.

0 Kudos
GVile
Beginner

Sorry, missed that you have requested ssu.. here it is

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Geduxas,

Let us investigate further regarding this matter now that we have your report.

I will contact you back as soon as we have more information

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Geduxas,

Thank you for your patience.

We are still investigating what could be the possible reason/culprit behind the issue that you are experiencing.

We have been trying to replicate the scenario with no success so far, in the meantime, please go ahead and fill the /thread/77761 Required information for reporting Graphics issues found here so we can take a deeper approach to your ticket.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Geduxas,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
GVile
Beginner

Hello, I have managed to fix black screen problem...

I don't know in which stupidity level it could lead... but I am bumping my head in desk right now… I have tried almost everything, tried to change HDMI cable, tried to setup blank OS and have lived with problem almost half a year… do you know what I haven't tried to do? To unplug monitor from power!!! YES only now I have realized that I didn't done that! I even didn't think about that because monitor showed well in BIOS, while booting, in Linux, and also with MS Basic drivers! But for some unknown reasons it went black with INTEL drivers… and now I have just tried to unplug monitor from power source and it came back!! Ugh… how it is possible?

0 Kudos