Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(R) Audio Driver issue

alirng
Beginner

Hi everyone

I'm having some trouble with my audio driver, or so I assume its a driver issue. Here's the breakdown of the issue: I originally used an LG TV as a secondary monitor plugged into the hdmi port of my graphics card and it worked perfectly fine, recently I bought an actual monitor so 2 displays are now connected to the graphics card and the TV is connected to the HDMI port on the motherboard. Went into BIOS and enabled the option allowing you to use that port for a display and installed the intel integrated graphics driver for my i7-4790k. This is where the problem essentially started, it worked fine but after a few seconds into any video the audio would stop playing and the video would start lagging (started playing in slow motion). This issue only occurred when the output of the audio was selected as the TV (I would like to use my TV as an audio source when watching movies and such).

I've tried a few solutions found on intel/microsoft forums but none have worked. Here's what I've tried so far: Went through the microsoft troubleshooter, reinstalled drivers (several times), rolled back to previous version of driver. The audio works occasionally for a couple minutes before cutting out again. Its seems to be quite random aside from when playing video it always seems to stop working.

Appreciate any help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

alirng
Beginner

Hi I've attached the support utility report, thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello alirng

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos