Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel(R) Graphics HD 4000 Driver for Windows 8.1 (Not Working Properly)

CZ2
Beginner

I have an Asus K55A with an Intel core i5 processor.

I installed windows 8.1 today and now my graphics adapter's driver is crashed. I cannot view multiple monitors or adjust my screen resolution settings as it is defaulting to the default microsoft driver.

I have updated to Driver Version:

I still get this notice in the device manager:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Object Name not found.

Can anyone advise, as I MUST have multiple monitors for work.

Thanks

166 Replies
ACher12
Beginner

I have installed the latest driver (.3345) and a game my son loves to play does not work.

The game developer says they have found a "defect in the driver" and that they cannot fix that.

For what it's worth I'm running Windows 8.1 (64) and HD4000 graphics.

Issue with Windows 8.1 drivers for Intel HD video cards

Some Windows 8.1 users have reported a significant decrease in game stability in recent months. After reviewing the DxDiag files provided by these users, the game client engineers have determined that the latest drivers for select Intel HD video cards contain a defect which affects game stability. Issues of this nature are beyond our ability to address, and require direct support from the video card's manufacturer. Windows 8.1 users with Intel HD video cards who are experiencing game stability issues should contacthttp://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel support for assistance in resolving this issue.
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi kd860,

If you are having problems to play videos in your OEM system, I recommend you checking for a firmware update for your player. You can also try a different player or doing the windows updates and installing the software from the computer manufacturer.

Drewbles99,

What is the name of the game you are having issues with? Can you please post your dxdiag report here?

0 Kudos
ACher12
Beginner

Thank you for taking an interest.

The game in question is the http://www.pokemontcg.com/ Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

DxDiag attached. The computer is a Sony Vaio Ultrabook 3rd gen Core i5 8GB. It incorporates a high res touch screen (1920x1080) - I never understood if this impacted/taxed the display driver, etc.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe

Application Version: 4.1.3.1912

Application Timestamp: 5188c895

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.16408

Fault Module Timestamp: 523d45fa

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0003ea02

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 93a4

Additional Information 2: 93a4690c71f523106a2187a0485a3004

Additional Information 3: 775a

Additional Information 4: 775af8bf73ca23e47828bbd523b3166e

Sony provides nothing. They claim the PC is Win 8.1 ready yet have not provided any video drivers since 7/2013.

Anyways, my Son would love you forever if you got this fixed... and I might too if it made him stop asking me if his game works!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Drewbles99,

Sorry for the delay. At this point I am testing the software on a unit with Win 8.1 and I will be back soon with more information about it.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Drewbles99,

When you try to open the game or play it, what happens? Are you getting an error "Game stopped responding"? Or can you describe more the problem?

0 Kudos
ACher12
Beginner

Kevin,

We are always able to load the game and get into the initial menus.

The game will eventually crash when switching between areas (e.g. collection, store, battle, etc.)

We are sometimes able to start a new online battle. The game will eventually crash during a battle at a seemingly random time. Sometimes right away, sometimes after a few rounds of play.

I have included two images of crash screens and the crash detail from the first image.

Thanks for your help!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe

Application Version: 4.1.3.1912

Application Timestamp: 5188c895

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.16408

Fault Module Timestamp: 523d45fa

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0003ea02

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 93a4

Additional Information 2: 93a4690c71f523106a2187a0485a3004

Additional Information 3: 775a

Additional Information 4: 775af8bf73ca23e47828bbd523b3166e

0 Kudos
JCamp12
Beginner

I having the same issues with my game as well. Also mines loads slow. Most times it will just freeze and stop responding and not work at all.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Drewbles99,

You mentioned that the game developer said it is a defect on the driver. Is there any way to get a link where this is stated?

For all those who are having issues with the game Pokemon Trading Card, it is still under investigation; however, we have found that the error messages reported by you have an extension ntdll.dll (this is the Microsoft network transmission dll) but as mentioned we are still investigating this.

0 Kudos
TVarg2
Beginner

Will the display work at Display Port on a port replicator under Windows 8.1 64 bit or definitely not?

This not working now.

0 Kudos
ACher12
Beginner

Kevin_intel,

Here is a link

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/announcement.php?f=524&a=49 Announcements - Announcements

I believe you have to be logged in to view it though.

Thanks for taking an interest in this, I can't believe there isn't more communication between the developer and Intel directly though. This is unusual... right?

Regards

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

piclsa08,

Can you please post your graphics report here?

Open Graphics Control Panel> Options> Information Center> Save.

Drewbles99,

Thank you. I will add this to our research.

0 Kudos
BCarr4
Beginner

Would love to kevin_intel but the only thing under Control Panel is Hot Key Manager.

0 Kudos
JCope2
Beginner

I am having the exact same problems with Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. I'm using Intel (R) HD Graphics for Windows 8.1. kevin_intel, have you made any progress solving this issue?

0 Kudos
JCope2
Beginner

I would like to point out that I have been experiencing this issue since October of 2013, and I cannot find a solution for this problem anywhere. I have attached the DxDiag.txt file below.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try the Intel 4000 HD driver from the ASUS Site.

Version V10.18.10.3308.02 (note the .02 at the end. This may be newer than the version you have.

It's for Windows 8.1

My HP Wireless TV Connect device would not work on my ASUS N56VJ laptop running Win 8.1 PRO. The laptop has Intel 4000 and NVIDIA GT635M.

An HP rep reported on the HP Support forum that both Intel and NVIDIA were still using drivers for Windows 7 and his suggestion to another user was to backtrack to 8.0. You really can't do that.

I upgraded my NVIDIA driver, to no avail. But when I downloaded the Intel 4000 driver from ASUS, unzipped and executed the Setup.exe, BINGO! Problem solved.

So, go to Support on the ASUS site, enter N56VJ as the model, go to the Downloads stuff, pick VGA, then you'll find the INtel 4000 driver.

0 Kudos
ASams5
Beginner

We are having the same problem with the pokemon TCG.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay on this. I tried the game with the latest driver and it crashed on me as well. At this point I am testing other drivers and hardware so I can send the information to the engineering department.

I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
TVarg2
Beginner

Displayport not supported by Intel on HD 4000 for Windows 8.1 64 bit. 😞

Latest driver fault too. (2013.12.18, 10.18.10.3379)

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am sorry for the delay on coming back to you. The issue related to the Pokemon game is currently being investigated.

PortalDev,

Display Port is supported on HD 4000 when using Win 8.1. you can check this information at the following link:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/3rd-gen-hd-graphics-quick-reference-guide http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/3rd-gen-hd-graphics-quick-reference-guide

We recommend using a direct connection. Most of the times when using video adapters, the signal can be interrupted and dual/triple display configuration may not work.

0 Kudos
TVarg2
Beginner

If I have only one monitor on port replicator (the notebook is close! No other screen...), and it is connected with display port, does not work. Blank screen, no signal. With two monitors computer recognizes the second monitor on display port, but has blank screen on it, can't adjust my screen resolution in the windows control panel... etc. Same problem since half year... The previous driver has an error when connect the second monitor. With the latest nothing happen.

Without display port monitor Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel does not works too after connect and install once the display port monitor driver. Initializing, initializing, and quit. No happen anything. It seems has any error...

This link said: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/3rd-gen-hd-graphics-quick-reference-guide http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/3rd-gen-hd-graphics-quick-reference-guide

Display Support

Independent Digital Displays

Allows a user to connect multiple displays to the PC

Yeah, can connect, but not works.

0 Kudos
PTeal
Beginner

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but have Intel managed to fix the Intel HD graphics issues around displayport adapters when multiple displays are being used. I have recently bought an ASrock z97m atx anniversary board, it was running my multiple monitor set up fine until in installed the latest Intel HD graphics drivers?

Anyone know anything about this?

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos