Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel(R) Graphics HD 4000 Driver for Windows 8.1 (Not Working Properly)

CZ2
Beginner

I have an Asus K55A with an Intel core i5 processor.

I installed windows 8.1 today and now my graphics adapter's driver is crashed. I cannot view multiple monitors or adjust my screen resolution settings as it is defaulting to the default microsoft driver.

I have updated to Driver Version:

I still get this notice in the device manager:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Object Name not found.

Can anyone advise, as I MUST have multiple monitors for work.

Thanks

166 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

What driver version are you trying to install? What is the exact error message you get during the installation?

If possible post some images of the message and post your dxdiag report here. How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach here.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
HHafi
Beginner

Is the thread still alive? If so..

Im using the acer p3-171 and hv been stuck with this issue over a year.

as for the driver, I've downloaded the latest ones from intels.

I'm sure how to attach a file here... so ill give u the link to my dxdiag file.

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/23705-102-2-28090/DxDiag.txt.zip https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/23705-102-2-28090/DxDiag.txt.zip

0 Kudos
MMart50
Beginner

Hi

I have the Asus Transformer Book T100 which has an Intel(R) HD Graphic and windows 8.1 (32 bits).

The issue with Pokemon TCGO is the same. Is there a fix for it??!!!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Abuck, at this point we have released that driver for the 4th & 3rd generation. For the 2nd generation we still have no ETA for a new driver but in case there is the notice will be announced in the community.

Lemi,

We are still checking the problem and we are working hard to find a solution for this a soon as possible. I will keep you posted.

JBiss1
Beginner

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. It's a bit scary to me that the original issue has been raised in october and soo many users are complaining and not have any work around for this and we get told that you guys are not sure when a new driver will be released...

I think a lot of users are waiting on this fix. Would you be able to bump this issue a bit in term of priority ? We are talking about monitor that does not power up here, it's kind of really bad.

If I don't see this issue that is progressing, I will seriously be looking to change my hardware, I'm at this point right not and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

I understand we need to be really patient but It's been quite a time now and this issue is not solved yet

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Anders_R,

We recommend using direct connection to monitors but before I suggest some steps I would like to know about your system configuration. Can you please post your dxdiag report here?

Abuck, I completely understand this is frustrating but we are really working to have the solution as soon as possible. I am really sorry and we thank you for being patience.

0 Kudos
ARudb
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Here comes the dxdiag report.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi guys, It seems that we have mixed up two topics on this thread so I would to refer the users with the Pokemon game issue to this thread:

/thread/49451 https://communities.intel.com/thread/49451

Thanks

Kevin.

0 Kudos
GBric
Beginner

Hello, I'm having an issue trying to update my Intel HD 4000 driver after doing windows updates today. I keep getting update failures from it. I even tried to update via device manager in safe mode and it said that my driver is current. I'm using Windows 7 OS by the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

Still having the same problem. I have an I-7 3770 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with Windows 8.1 OS. I've been using an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE because I wanted have an S-video option. Now I want to use the onboard HDMI and can't download the latest driver. As is, the HDMI gives me a blank a screen. If I boot up with DVI or VGA, everything goes blank when I plug in HDMI. I've tried every method of updating the video driver. I've tried using the update option in the Device Manger. I've tried downloading and running the EXE file. I've downloaded the ZIP file and tried to install manually. Every method crashes the system.

Since we're having this discussion, does HD 4000 support HDCP? I want to be able to play Blu Ray DVDs. So if HDCP was not included in the development, I'll need a separate graphic card anyway.

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

So I tried the option - Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. I cannot install driver versions 10.18.10.3316 [10/1/2013], 10.18.10.3412 [1/29/2014], 10.18.10.3496 [3/12/2014], no matter what method I use.

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

I uninstalled HD 4000 from the device manager and when the computer restarted, HD 4000 returned with the latest driver, 10.18.10.3496 [3/12/2014]

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

Now the problem is worse. The problem was HDMI. Now VGA, DVI and HDMI crash the video. If I boot up with a monitor plugged into the GeForce 7400 LE it works until I try to plug into any onboard video. Then all screens go black except I can see where I'm moving the mouse. If I unplug from the onboard video, I'm back at the login screen.

0 Kudos
DWebb1
Beginner

I Believe I Have The Answer,

Hold Windows+X

Device Manager

Display Adapters

CLick The Dropdown, if whatever is there has the Warning Triangle on it, Rightclick and click uninstall, click the extra option when it comes up

You Will Have To Restart Your Computer

It May Mess Up DirectX, But Just Install The Latest Driver After

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for sharing this information here. I am sure it will be very helpful for other users.

0 Kudos
MErek
Beginner

Lenovo X230 i7, HD4000;

Have the same problem on latest drivers (release and beta too).

Displayport on laptop and DVI port on dock station doesnt work. Graphic card cant detect displays connected via this interfaces.

Ubuntu 14.04 works fine on similar situation on this computer.

I found that when i install or uninstall drivers computer switches to the external monitor once. After reboot it does not work;

Monitor show that cable is connected properly, but there is no data. If i unplug cable monitor says "No connection".

I thing it is driver issue.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Are you using any type of adapters between the monitor and the computer? Can you try updating the BIOS in your system? Can you try installing the monitor drivers?

We do not recommend using adapters (either active or passive) so can you try direct connection?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the delay, I would like to know if you are still having problems with the driver?

Just in case here is the latest driver for your controller so you can test it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3712&DwnldID=23884 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3712&DwnldID=23884

0 Kudos
SKuma78
Beginner

Recently, I too had same problem when I my system from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. After lots of research online I was not able to find any solution for this problem. The system said that Intel(R) HD Graphics is installed correctly and working properly but I was unable to open the software. Later I did one thing which solved my problem. On desktop right click and then click Graphics Properties from the menu. If there is any problem with the software, Windows will display it. I received the message that .Net Framework 3 and 4 is not installed and it prompted me to click to install. I did and it installed .Net Framework 3 and 4 from online and the driver software menu started to function and it works fine now. I hope this will help you. Try this friend!!!

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

Looks like I never posted again to say mine was resolved for this issue. So not sure what version finally fixed it for me. But I am currently using the Intel supplied driver with date 12/18/2014 version 10.18.10.4061 and everything works great in Windows 8.1.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3712 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3712

Oddly this download link doesn't show the version that I have installed. I will have to try installing the latest update for the HD4000 from this link which is currently dated 1/8/2015 version 15.33.32.4061 , though it has the same last 4 digits of my current version. Interesting.

0 Kudos