Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 failing Dell full hardware tests

mgrov4
Beginner

My Dell XPS 15 9570 was having a bunch of trouble trying to run video games right after a full reset. (the reset itself had its own issues) I tried to run Warzone at the lowest possible settings and was bouncing between 2 fps and at most 30. I have spent a number of hours updating everything I can and running every scan possible. I just took the full Dell hardware test and and found everything was fine except for Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630. Here are the results under that section of testing.

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 GPU Pipeline Data Test         Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering Test         Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Fixed Transformation and Lighting Test Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Wireframe Line Test         Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Wireframe Shader Rendering Test    Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering DX10 Test         Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering DX11 Test         Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Multiple Rendering DX9 Test         Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Transformation and Lighting Stress Test Cannot Run

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 PCI Express Status Test         Passed

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Primary Surface Test         Passed

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Video Memory Test            Passed

I don't know what is making my computer so slow but this is the only thing I could find that might be an answer. I don't know how to fix this though and would really appreciate some help! 

My computers specs are:

i7-8750H

16gb ram

GTX 1050ti

Win 10 Pro

512gb 

BIOS version 1.15.0 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mgrov4

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding the "Dell hardware test" it is worth mentioning that we do not handle the technical details of this tool and we cannot provide diagnostic since we do not know the parameters that are part of this third-party tool. In this case, we recommend checking with DELL™ support regarding the outcome and logs of this DELL™ tool so they can advise better what could be the issues found and possible solutions.

What we can recommend is testing the processor with the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (Intel PDT) and attach the result file to this thread so we can check it further. Please refer to the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

Also, please provide the following information:

1- We noticed your system has dual graphics configuration: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050ti (discrete video card) + Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

In systems with dual-graphics, it is expected and desired that games run using the most powerful video card, which is usually the discrete video card. Have you checked with DELL™ support that the NVIDIA® graphics card is up to date?

Have you checked if the games are running using the resources of the discrete video card (you may check this in Windows Task Manager >> Performance tab and review the GPU utilization) or have you checked the settings for the discrete video card? Please provide details.

2- Are you having issues only when running games? Please provide details.

What other issues had the reset process?

3- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

3.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

3.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

3.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Note:

For games running with Intel® Graphics, we recommend checking https://gameplay.intel.com/ for recommended and optimized settings.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mgrov4

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance and if you were able to contact DELL™ Support regarding their "Dell hardware test". Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mgrov4

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance please post a new question.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos