Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Retro Scaling not available

mercuchrom
Novice

Intel Retro Scaling (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057030/graphics.html) is not available on my machine. 

My machine meets the requirements:

i7 -11800H

Intel® Graphics Driver version 30.0.100.9955

Intel® Graphics Command Center version 1.100.3407.0

Windows® 10 version 21H1

I have no Retro Scaling options under Global Settings.

Was Retro Scaling removed?

When yes, why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mercuchrom
Novice

With Intel-UHD-Graphics-Driver 30.0.101.1340, A04 Intel Retro Scaling is now available on the Dell XPS 9710. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello mercuchrom,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before? When did the option stop showing up?
  2. Are you using an external display? 
  3. Is the issue only with the built-in display, external display, or both?
  4. Screenshot of the issue. 
  5. Have you tried using an older driver version and checking if the option shows up?
  6. Were any changes made recently to the system?

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mercuchrom
Novice

Hello,

here are the infos:

1. I got this machine a few days ago and so it did not show from the start.

2. I use both, internal and external display.  Does not make a difference.

3. see 2.

4.  Screenshot is attached.

5. I rolled back to version 27.20.100.9664. Issue remains the same.

6. As it is a new system the drivers and applications were updated via "Dell Command Update".

I have attached the SSU report. 

0 Kudos
mercuchrom
Novice

There are other users reporting the same thing here. Is this feature still available or not?

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello mercuchrom,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, it is worth mentioning that the feature is still available. 

For your situation, I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello mercuchrom,

In this case, we can confirm that Retro Scaling is supported by your configuration, for your situation, please try testing our driver 30.0.101.1340. Let me know if the issue persists. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

It is worth mentioning that the issue might be caused due to the hybrid graphics configuration as OEMs customized the way systems worked and the features they support. Please test the driver above and let me know the results. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
mercuchrom
Novice

Hello,

unfortunately with the new generic driver the option did not show up (see attached screenshot). Any other ideas?

Regards, mercuchrom

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello mercuchrom,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, due to the hybrid graphics configuration and the customizations made by OEMs, our recommendation is to check with your manufacturer for any specific customized driver needed for the option to be available for your computer. 

It is also worth mentioning that when a system has hybrid graphics, it is recommended to always use the drivers provided by the manufacturer as they have been customized and optimized to work with your system. 

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
mercuchrom
Novice

Hello Josue O.,

not the answer I was hoping for.  But thanks for trying.

Regards, mercuchrom

0 Kudos
mercuchrom
Novice

With Intel-UHD-Graphics-Driver 30.0.101.1340, A04 Intel Retro Scaling is now available on the Dell XPS 9710. 

0 Kudos