Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel SSU, how accurate?

Residentx
New Contributor III

I'm here to ask some questions and post a bug issue:

Question:

When this software runs through a system how accurate is it for assessing Nvidia cards?

I have an RTX 3000 (6GB) I thought... but when I run the INTEL SSU it says 4GB not 6GB.

Bug issue:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

This SSU tool links to a broken URL (See images)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The tool reports whatever is in the driver's string buffers. It is not uncommon to see drivers that incorrectly report this information; the drivers are generic but the cards produced by the various vendors are not. Go into the driver properties and browse to the strings in the Details tab. This is where most of the information that the tool is reporting comes from.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The tool reports whatever is in the driver's string buffers. It is not uncommon to see drivers that incorrectly report this information; the drivers are generic but the cards produced by the various vendors are not. Go into the driver properties and browse to the strings in the Details tab. This is where most of the information that the tool is reporting comes from.

Hope this helps,

...S

Residentx
New Contributor III

Only the bug issue is left. Thanks.

0 Kudos