Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 Driver causes black screen - please help

SvaralF
Beginner

Hello,

my case is kinda strange. Display was never showing signs of failure but one day my screen went black. Seems like that there is driver problem. Only way to install it is via safe mode, legacy drivers in device manager. Even that doesn´t solve problem. After quiting safe mode to normal, at boot brand logo appears and when windows should load with all its drivers, it goes to black screen. After clean windows install screen works on PnP Display, system is slow due to missing display adapter i guess. When I install intel graphic driver, it blinks as it always does when driver is applying, but when it seems it finishes succesfully, it goes to black screen...

I have tried:

Windows 11

Windows 10 latest version and older too

Installing latest intel drivers and older

Installing in maximum power performace

Changing maximum performance to 97%

Trying HDMI, to see if it would work at least there

can´t install straight driver, because it says that it doesn´t meets minimum requiremnents for driver, or it is not supported.

Is someone with same problem, who was able to fix it please? Any idea how?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
SvaralF
Beginner

I am attaching the final report exported to Text Document

0 Kudos
SvaralF
Beginner

Text Document

0 Kudos
SvaralF
Beginner

Currently my PC/2in1 tablet is working when plugged on minitor via HDMI. Everything works, but my main device display is black. Without the driver screen works perfectly, so I assume, that there is no hardware issue. Driver works, but disables tablet´s screen.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SvaralF,

If I may jump into the conversation, I recommend you install the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver.

There are two types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

To install the driver, you should visit the HP website; the latest driver validated for your product is 27.20.100.9416. Please, install this driver and check if the issue is still present.

Also, you mentioned that you tried Windows 10 latest and older versions. The reports you shared show that the Operating System (OS)build is 16299. Could you share an SSU report with the latest OS version (19045)?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SvaralF,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SvaralF,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos