Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 Graphic Drivers Update

RDosh
Novice

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop from HP. It has Intel i5 8250U chipset with Intel UHD 620 Graphics. I am not understanding why would intel update UHD 620 on all other processors except Latest Kaby Lake. just basic Graphic Drivers Update would also do.... Why won't Intel do anything about it? We don't deserve to play games?

26 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use ONLY the graphics driver available on the HP site for your laptop, as they may have modified/customized the driver for their hardware platform.

Doc

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Hi Al,

I tried doing that. It turns out they have no update for Intel Graphic UHD 620 with Kaby Lake R Processor which is offered in this laptop. My laptop model is HP Laptop 15 - bs145 with i5 8250U processor. Upon further discussion with HP they informed me that Intel themselves have not updated any drivers with Kaby Lake R since June 2017. Only after they update will HP be able to provide an update. So my question still stands with INTEL.... Why no update??????

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Thanks for your reply Al.

I had already tried this installation package when I had fould it on Intel's website. But it doesn't install. Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Read the very first line of this snip:

Also, look at the previous releases in the same link I provided you.

Your complaint was there were no releases for your processor, and HP claimed there were no releases for this processor.

All of that said, you may want to try the manual install. But, I encourage you to work with HP on this.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and...

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, there may be a special version of the driver required for your device. Again, HP would have to help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One more attempt - try this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Doc

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Thanks a ton Al for all the replies. I will try installing the one you have asked me to try and if it doesn't work I will get in touch with HP and ask them to help me with the same. Appreciate your prompt help and guidance.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am not sure what the issue is. The first link, your processor was specifically mentioned at the top of the page, but was not in the pull-down list.

In the second link, your processor is in the pull-down list.

Did the manual method not work (using the zip file)?

Doc

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

I am downloading the zip file. once done I will update you.

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Manual installation didn't work, it says your drivers are already upto date.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Perhaps one of the intel support engineers can assist.

Doc

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Can you please guide me how shall I get in touch with them?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

They will respond to you in turn. Also, it is the weekend, so you may not hear from them until Monday or so.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ronakjdoshi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are experiencing problems installing the graphics driver.

First, I would like to begin by gathering more information. To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Once I have this information we can continue.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Hi David,

Please find attached the text file of DXDIAG

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ronakjdoshi,

Thank you for your response.

I can see that your driver is not up to date. I would like to mention that we recommend first to check with the manufacturer of your computer in order to get the latest drivers, which in this case is HP*. We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided.

Now, if you would still like to try with our latest driver released, even though it is generic, please refer to the link below and download the ".zip" file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

Once downloaded, please follow the steps below:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Once this is done, your system should have the latest Intel ® update.

Let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Hi David,

I did try to get some solution from HP but they have not updated any drivers for Kaby Lake R processors since July 2017. Am attaching a ss of my chat with HP CC on WhatsApp.

I will definitely try your solution of downloading and installing the latest drivers. Will revert once I try it tomorrow.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ronakjdoshi,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, in this case, the generic driver that I have provided should work OK with the system, nevertheless it is always recommended to use the ones from the manufacturer first. However, if they have not updated yet, you can always try the one provided by us.

Let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Hi David,

I tried installing the drivers as guided. But unable to install. Please check the image of the issue.

0 Kudos