Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 Graphic Drivers Update

RDosh
Novice

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop from HP. It has Intel i5 8250U chipset with Intel UHD 620 Graphics. I am not understanding why would intel update UHD 620 on all other processors except Latest Kaby Lake. just basic Graphic Drivers Update would also do.... Why won't Intel do anything about it? We don't deserve to play games?

26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ronakjdoshi,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, what I can recommend you to do is to do a clean installation of the driver. This can be done by following the steps below:

1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.

3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters.

4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter.

5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously.

6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver".

7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software.

8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9 - Select the option "Have disk".

10 - Select the option "Browse".

11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".

12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh").

13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.

14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed.

Let me know the outcome please. If this still does not work then I would strongly suggest you to mention this to the manufacturer (HP) so they can check what the problem is, they could have locked the system to avoid getting generic driver updates perhaps, but you would need to ask them.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RDosh
Novice

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried your method yesterday. But in vain. So i contacted HP and they agreed that they have not updated the driver for Kaby lake R and had no explanation why the generic driver is not getting installed. Am really sick and tired of HP and their approach and services. I appreciate the time and effort you and Mr. Hill has put in solving my issue. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ronakjdoshi,

Thank you for your response.

I can see that none of the steps have worked so far, I really want to help you so I was reviewing some information and it is highly possible that the driver update is not completing due to the Windows* not being updated. The build of the Windows* 10 Pro you have is not up-to-date.

If possible, please update the Windows* 10 version and try with the steps I provided above in order to do a clean installation of the driver.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ronakjdoshi,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to update the Windows* 10 version and tried updating the driver again?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
srath3
Beginner

hello intel community team , i have the latest update of intel uhd 620 graphics driver but i am not able to open its control panel . I have tried every method mentioned on the intel community but none of them worked .please help me regarding this problem....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello astroboy4777,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos