Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 Valorant Drops Persists After Downgrading

Chilly
Beginner

I've downgraded to version 8476 to fix my issue but im still getting frame drops. Then, I tried downgrading with dell's drivers (im using inspiron 5570) and still got frame drops. Then, I tried downgrading to the lowest DCH driver and still got frame drops when looking at enemies. After dropping once, it doesnt drop again but its frustrating because it happens with everything in the game (shooting, abilities, seeing enemies etc). It also resets when I close the game. Please help.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Chilly,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Did the issue start after any driver/OS update?
  • Do you have all Valorant updates/patches installed?
  • Have you tested any other games or application to check if the same issue occurs by any chance?

As well, please perform a clean installation of the latest DCH drivers (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html) and check if the issue persists.

Steps for a clean installation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner
The issue started when I tried playing Valorant again but it was locked to 1 FPS. Then I tried a clean installation of .8476 using DDU to fix my issue. It worked but froze for a long period of time when loading anything ingame.

All the Valorant patches are automatically installed when you boot the game.

Roblox did have the same 1 FPS issue but no freezing on .8476.

I will perform a clean installation in the morning.
0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner
One more thing.

I already know about the main thread. The reason I have posted this one is because version .8476 did not work for me unlike the others. I read the whole thread and found no other solution than an SSD. I haven’t tried it yet but I am not planning to get one soon.
0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner
Just tried a clean installation of the latest drivers with device manager. Didn’t work.
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are going to work on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Chilly,

We are still working on the issue with Roblox. As soon as I have an update about it, I will let you know.

Regarding the Valorant issue, please keep checking the original thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233 any relevant update will be posted there if available.

We have been unable to replicate this issue on multiple systems using different processors and integrated graphics and our latest generic DCH drivers. Some people have reported the issue goes away when switching from a mechanical hard drive to a Solid State Drive (SSD).

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Chilly,

We were unable to replicate the issues on Roblox, it performed as expected with no issues.

Regarding Valorant, we recommend you to keep checking the original thread for any relevant update (https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233).

Would you agree to close this thread and keep checking the original thread for the Valorant issue?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you agree to close this case and keep checking the original thread.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos