Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 Dell XPS 9570 HDMI Audio out

MJinn1
Beginner

Hello,

I am having a rather unique problem with my HDMI audio out. There is no audio output when connected to my Epson projector but when connected to a TV the audio is working fine.

The Projector does not have an audio output but is hooked up with my audio system. The same setup works fine with my 8 years Old laptop.

Tried various driver versions nil help

Specs:

I7-8750H

Nvidia 1050ti

Intel UHD 630

16GB Ram

Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rockinaero,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to point at the fact that you are currently using an dedicated graphics card which could be the one outputting the audio through the HDMI port.

Now, I will need more information, in this case I would like to know how you are connecting the audio system to the projector. This is important to know how or why it is not outputting the audio properly.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MJinn1
Beginner

The HDMI from the laptop goes to a splitter box "J-Tech Digital 5 Port HDMI/MHL Switch & Audio Extractor SPDIF Jack Stereo Outputs " from where the output is connected to the projector and speakers.

I do not have any issues with my older laptop with the same setup and cable being used.

" you are currently using an integrated graphics card which could be the one outputting the audio through the HDMI port" - It can be seen from the below snapshot of that the output is from the UHD630

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rockinaero,

Thank you for your response.

In this case I can see that your system is using both of the graphics adapters at the same time. Normally when you have an integrated and dedicated graphics adapter, the integrated gets disabled and only the dedicated one works.

Nevertheless, this does not seem to be the case. This tells us that the system has hybrid graphics, it is highly recommended to contact the system manufacturer (Dell) so they can assist you further with this, either by checking the hardware or updating the graphics drivers using their own drivers.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MJinn1
Beginner

Thanks David. I will contact Dell to see if this can be sorted out.

I however fail to understand when the same setup works fine when connected to a TV and dosent work when connected to a projector. Really Weird.

0 Kudos