Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 Displayport audio

fullhdfan
Beginner

Hi !

I have a chinese 4K monitor (seen by the OS as E240) connected to my desktop mini PC via Displayport cable. It has speakers and conventional audio connection. It shows up as another device in the audio settings, but the connector cannot be changed (there is only a hdmi jack grayed out), although the monitor has vga, hdmi and diplay port connectors. I have no audio over Displayport cable.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello fullhdfan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before?
  2. Have you reported this issue with the OEM?
  3. Does it work when using HDMI?
  4. Have you try using another cable?
  5. Have you try using another port?
  6. Have you try using another display?
  7. Brand and model of the monitor. 
  8. Picture of the audio settings and options.
  9. Graphics report, open the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC), in order to get please open IGCC, go to the support tab, select system diagnostic, click "generate report", save the file and attach it to your response. 

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello fullhdfan,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
fullhdfan
Beginner

Sorry for my late feedback, i didn't have time to write in the last couple of days.
Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I noticed the problem immediately when i bought it.
2. It's a chinese manufacturer. I found once his website, but nothing related to my monitor on it. It seems to have disappeared, because i cannot find it anymore. I contacted the HP(my desktop PC manufacturer) customer service some time ago, but i don't remember the answer anymore(maybe a driver problem ?).
3. The PC has no HDMI connector, only 1VGA and 2 Displayports.
4. No, i didn't, but the current one works fine when it comes to image display.
5. It doesn't work on the second Displayport either.
I have no audio cable(the monitor has such connection - a standard socket for headphone jack). The audio comes from the PC's internal speakers. I want to avoid the use of an extra cable because there are already enough of them at the pc's backside.
6.No, i have no other 4k or displayport capable display.
7. Songen E240 ?

Interestingly, the bar which displays the sound activity(level) next to the icon of the audio device in the settings is "alive and moving" when i choose/enable the E240 Display.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello fullhdfan,

We recommend performing a clean install of the latest graphics drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter', or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic graphics driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello fullhdfan,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
fullhdfan
Beginner

I got a free windows 11 upgrade a couple of days ago and an older version of the customized graphic driver was automatically installed. Nothing changed.
I performed a search on the HP's website for the most recent one. It was newer, but still a couple of months old (Intel's own drivers are updated much more frequently).
Again, no change.
In the Device Manager there are 2 devices listed as audio :
Synaptic( PC's own speakers on board)
Intel Hd Audio
There is no driver on the HP website for the latest, but i suppose it's the same as in windows 10 (probably updated very rarely or the same one since the OS setup).
Even with your last solution - Intel's latest generic driver- it's still not working.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello fullhdfan,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please try testing the monitor on another computer. 

If the issue persists, that could mean that the monitor is defective, our recommendation, in that case, is to contact the monitor manufacturer and check for any firmware updates or special configurations needed for the display. Also, they could help you determine if the ports are not working as they should or if they have any troubleshooting available. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
fullhdfan
Beginner

Unfortunately, i don't possess currently a second PC .

If i come across the monitor's manufacturer website again, i will follow your advice.

Many thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello fullhdfan,

You are very welcome, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos