Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 Not Able to Display Above 100hz on 34" ultrawide 144hz monitor?

johnnyt120
Beginner

Hello all,

Like the subject title, onboard uhd 630 won't display above 100hz on my Gigabyte 34" 144hz ultrawide monitor. The native resolution for this monitor is 3440x1440p at 144hz. The highest refresh rate I am able to set it to is 120hz at 2560x1440p. I've tried both hdmi and display port cables (1.2 and 1.4) with no luck. I'm assuming the integrated graphics does not support 144hz at native resolution? I've tried creating a custom resolution via intel command center, changing resolution through display settings and through list all modes with the same results. I have attached a pic of the display settings for my monitor showing max refresh rate at 100hz. All drivers updated. Idk if I should return monitor since I can't take advantage of the advertised refresh rate. Thanks in advance!

My new pc build specs:

i9 10th gen 10850k

crucial ballistix16gb ram ddr4 3600mhz

msi mpg z490 gaming edge wifi

windows 10 pro 64-bit

gigabyte g34wqc 34" ultrawide monitor

no gpu card as I am still waiting to buy one

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello johnnyt120

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

•  Do you use straight connections? (No adapters/converters)
  • Did you test different drivers?
  • Which BIOS version are you using?
  • What is the maximum resolution/refresh rate shown in the IGCC?

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello johnnyt120

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello johnnyt120

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos