Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 and Windows 1809 black screen issue

GSeig
Novice

Hello,

I have a new computer running on Windows 10 1809 x64 with Intel UHD 630 graphics.

When I setup the last driver from the manufacturer, from Intel driver or from Windows Update, I get a black screen immediatly at the driver installation and after reboot.

Do you have a solution for this ?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

uninstall the existing old intel graphics driver completely . install certified driver from manufacturer . Whats version you trying to install

0 Kudos
GSeig
Novice

There is no previous graphic driver, I made a fresh install of Windows 10 1809.

I get the last release availaible for my computer on HP website : https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-studio-x360-g5-convertible-workstation/20075826/swItemId/ob-218688-1.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSeig, We would like to take a look at your system configuration. Please follow these steps: A. Check Windows* updates, scan and apply all of them. B. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to take a look at your system configuration. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
GSeig
Novice

Hello WannerG,

Please find attached the report of Intel System Support Utility.

I still have a black screen, I use VNC for remote control.

I tested the BETA Driver available on your website, same issue.

Thanks in advance for your support.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSeig, Thank you for your response. Please try the following steps and let us know if the issue persists: 1. Download the latest DCH driver. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Make sure that in Device Manager > Video Adapters, the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GSeig
Novice

Hello,

I already did this several times, but it didn't work.

I reinstall my computer with Windows 10 1803 version and everything works fine.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos