Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 - latest drivers - black screen when I enable HDR in Windows 10

FSt-P
Beginner

I have been trying to build an htpc. Whenever I update all drivers to latest version and try and enable HDR, the screen goes black and I cannot get video access back. This is off an HP prodesk 400 g4 dm with the HDMI module. The display device is a Vizio D70-F3. I found other references to this issue in the latest Windows 10 with the last intel 630 drivers. A workaround that works is to downgrade drivers to v23 and it works great. I would love to get everything working with the latest drivers. What broke since v23?

Thank you!​

0 Kudos
22 Replies
FSt-P
Beginner
That is literally the first thing I've tried, which brought me to the workaround of using v23 drivers. From a fresh HP installation I: Updated to the latest Windows 10 build, installed all missing patches. Used the HP assistant to update all hp drivers to the latest version Went on the site to look for any bios/firmware updates that might have been missed Issue with HDR discovered. Completely uninstalled all installed video drivers, downloaded the latest HP video driver, installed it, issue persisted. I also tried deleting the driver ans updating through windows update as proposed below, but no dice. Thanks
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello FSt-P

Thank you for confirming that you have completed the test wit the OEM drivers, try completing the driver update by Windows® as advised previously to see if the behavior still persist.

I would also start taking into consideration that this could be related to the OEM customization/design because as mentioned previously I have run the latest Intel® graphics driver (26.20.100.7584) with HDMI® connections and the HDR option does not have any issue, therefore, it would be important to contact HP support for further assistance, and if HP determines that the issue is related to an Intel component they should work directly with Intel. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos