Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 no audio over HDMI

BillyBobby
Beginner
Not getting any audio from the hdmi port on my pc, i have a 10th gen i3 connected to a asus tuf b560m motherboard hdmi port on a Samsung TV

What ive tried already
-Update bios
-Reinstall audio and video drivers
-Used windows audio troubleshoot
-Reinstall Windows
-Update all drivers
-Restart "windows audio" from "services"
-Checked hdmi cable (a laptop works fine with sound on same cable)
-Checked "playback devices" from sound settings (TV does not show up here even under disabled/disconnected devices.

Any ideas how to fix it? And do intel graphics on desktop even support audio over hdmi?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @BillyBobby

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In regards to your inquiry, the answer is yes, Intel® Graphics on desktops support audio over HDMI. Installing the latest Intel® Graphics Drivers will install the latest audio codecs for HDMI. However, computer manufacturers (OEMs) may set different limitations/customizations on their systems.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Is this a new system? Is the behavior happening since the very first day that you have this computer?

If this worked fine before at any moment, was there any recent change like hardware or software changes? (for instance, Windows®, driver, or software updates?).

2- In Windows* Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers" do you see the entry for Intel® Display Audio or Intel® High Definition Audio? Does the device have an exclamation mark error (yellow bang)?

3- Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable HDMI-to-HDMI? Or are using video adapters or cable converters (a single cable but with different connector types at both ends).

4- Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Note: Since this is regarding HDMI® over Intel® Graphics, we are moving it to the Graphics Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

0 Kudos
BillyBobby
Beginner

1. This is a new system

2. Under Device Manager only "Realtek Audio" show there. even if "Show hidden devices" is checked

3.Its a straight cable from the PC to TV no Adapters

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you for your response,

Based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the system is currently running the latest customized driver provided by ASUS* Version 27.20.100.9127.

In this case, we would like to recommend trying a clean install of the graphics driver using the latest Intel® generic driver in order to discard graphics/install issues. Please follow these steps:

1- Download the latest driver update .exe file from this link and save the file on the computer: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Version: 27.20.100.9466 (Latest).

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.

• Find and right-click Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • After the uninstall process finishes, restart the computer.

5- Go again to Device Manager. Expand the section Display adapters and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager.

6- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

7- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

8- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

9- Open Device Manager once more.

10- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® UHD Graphics 630 or similar, repeat steps 6-8.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded .exe file to install the driver.

11- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the behavior persists, could you please confirm the following information:

1. Were able to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool? Did the test pass? Could you please share the test result file?
  2. Please provide a new Intel® SSU report making sure that all the previous instructions are followed, for instance, checking the "Everything checkbox before clicking on the "Scan" button.
  3. TV SAMSUNG* full/exact model:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
BillyBobby
Beginner

Did the above instructions but its still not working.

1. It did pass the diagnostic tool test.

2. Samsung Q6f 2017 {Tried my laptop again from same cable and its working with sound coming from TV}DesktopDesktopLaptopLaptop

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We are still working on this; however, we would like to gather more details/clarification.

1. Are you using an audio/video receiver? Could you please explain the exact configuration that you have? Please provide details.
  2. How is everything connected? Please kindly provide some pictures showing the setup (devices/connections/configuration).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
BillyBobby
Beginner

1. I'm not using a AV receiver. 

2. HDMI from motherboard [Asus TUF B560m Wifi] to TV HDMI port [Samsung Q6f]. 

I've notice that  on my desktop it has some missing intel files [see pics below]. and whenever i install the intel graphics driver, after the reboot it prompts me to install the driver again. it seems to be a driver install loop.Laptop [Highlighted missing intel file]Laptop [Highlighted missing intel file]DesktopDesktop

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you very much for your response and for all the details provided. We are reviewing this information and as soon as we have new details we will be posting them back in this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

We tried to replicate this behavior, but we haven't been able to reproduce the issue using Intel® Core™ i5-10400 Processor + AsRock* B460 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard + driver 27.20.100.9466 connected straight HDMI to a Samsung* Q67 TV so it doesn't seem to be a graphics driver problem.

We noticed that in the DxDiag.txt the Intel® Display Audio component is not installed. Is there any exclamation mark and/or unknown device in Device Manager? Particularly under Sound, video and game controllers?

Also, we recommend checking this with your motherboard manufacturer's support* just in case there is an option in BIOS to enable/disable Intel® Display Audio as this may be the case.

If it is confirmed to be enabled, then there is a chance of software issue and you can try a clean operating system (OS) installation and before loading any software or drivers just install the graphics driver 27.20.100.9466 and see if it works. If it doesn't then there may be a hardware issue either motherboard or integrated GPU.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
BillyBobby
Beginner

Thanks, for the extra effort to try and help but i think it maybe a Asus B560 problem. 

here is someone with the same problem - https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUSROG/comments/ml7m6b/audio_via_hdmi_on_strix_b560g/

and this is Asus being very specific about this problem on their website - https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045437/

i already tried all Asus suggestions.

1. there are no exclamation marks in device manger even under hidden devices.

I think its the intel display audio driver not being installed thats why i get the driver install loop and why "intcDAud.sys" is not present in the drivers folder. I tried to manually copy "intcDAud.sys" from my laptop to desktop but there is still no audio via hdmi.

2. I Checked the bios and only audio option i see is to enable/disable HD Audio and if i disable it i get no audio from my headphones.

3. Is there a way to manually install the intel display audio driver/files separate from the graphics?

4. I already tried OS reinstall but it still didn't help.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you very much for your response and the information you found on the ASUS* website. We will review this further and we will be posting more details as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, it seems the motherboard manufacturer (OEM) has identified this as a known issue: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045437/* so there is nothing we can do as our drivers are generic and the fix must come from their side. At this point, our recommendation is to check this further with ASUS* Support for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.

Note:

Regarding the driver installation loop, this is a known issue from our side that is now fixed with our new installer framework, which is now available in our Beta driver 27.20.100.9616 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
BillyBobby
Beginner

Unfortunately the new drivers didn't fix the problem. I'll probably have to just get some computer speakers.

Also i think Intel should add a optional framerate cap to the games profile in graphics command center.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello BillyBobby

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to know that the behavior persists. In this case, our recommendation is to address this issue with ASUS* Support and continue working with them.

We also appreciate the feedback you provided regarding Intel® Graphics Command Center and "frame rate limiter". It is worth mentioning that there is a feature called Vertical Synchronization (VSync) that helps create stability by synchronizing the image frame rate of your game or application with your display monitor refresh rate. You may review more details in this link: Enabling and Disabling Vertical Synchronization.

Your feedback about Intel® Graphics Command Center is being documented and routed to the appropriate team. Unfortunately, the team will not be able to provide updates regarding the status of the suggestion/request.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
THEJapan
Beginner

I know this request was made a while ago but I have had a similar problem. I have a Lenovo M70q with UHD 630 Intel Graphics. I was getting audio signals sent through to my amp but nothing was coming out the speakers. I made a video showing how I solved the problem! I hope this helps someone.

YouTube Link

THEJapan

0 Kudos