Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 tries DCH driver which will not install due to error "not supported by OS" win10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Got a Acer Veriton X2665G and have been updating the graphics with the intel driver tool since start, but now the intel tool tries to download a driver:

"intel graphics windows 10 DCH Drivers [igfx_win10_100.8783]" I tried to find appropriate driver myself, but end up with the same driver that always results in the popup message that hinders any installation of it "operation system not supported" running windows 10 pro.

The intel update tool spams me daily about this update being available for install, but it will never work.

Reason why I want a new driver is because everytime I lock my computer and the screens go off, (pc remains on 24/7) and when I unlock the computer, several windows change which screen they are on, which can be very annoying. Especially when Citrix desktop is spanning over 2 of 3 screens and then when I unlock it is just on one screen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Anonymous, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, the Intel® Driver Support Assistant was designed to work with Intel® products, when using the tool with non-Intel® products the application might not be that accurate in finding and installing the proper drivers for the computer.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

So, at this point, please uninstall the Intel® DSA and after that install the Graphics driver provided Acer. I looked in Acer's web site and the latest Graphics driver version that is available is version 26.20.100.7871, please install it and once you get the chance let us know the results if the problem with the windows persists:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8152?b=1

I noticed on Acer's website that for your system there are Graphics drivers for Nvidia and AMD as well, do you know if your computer is working with a dual Graphics configuration? 

After that, if the problem gets fixed with Acer's driver version, then we can look more into the problem with Intel® DSA.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Anonymous, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Anonymous, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos