Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 video driver breaks winows 10 toolbar transparency

vapu
Beginner

Hello.

I have installed latest build windows 10 pro x64 ОС 10.0.19041.508 (Win10 20H1 [2004] Insider Preview) on z370 + i5-8400 cpu. And duing autoupdate the sustem dowloaded Intel UHD 630 video driver ver. 26.20.100.7642.  And the video driver was break the toolbar transparency. You can see how it was before installing driver and after in the attched files.  It seems like graphic bug. I want to take solution for this. Thankyou.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello vapu,

Thank you for patiently waiting!

We tried to replicate this in our labs, but we were unable to do it.  We used our latest generic drivers 27.20.100.8783 and Windows 10 2004 (RTM build, not Insider Preview).

At this point, the only recommendation we can provide is to test rolling to Windows 10 2004 which is the official RTM build by Microsoft, we really believe that this is related to the OS, and since you opened a ticket with Microsoft* we encourage you to keep reporting this directly to Microsoft.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello vapu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I understand that you are using the Windows* 10 20H1 2004 Insider Preview, if that is correct, most likely the driver comes from the Microsoft's side through Windows updates, since you are part of the insider group, any feedback or questions should go directly to Microsoft*.

Also, as you can see here, the driver version 26.20.100.7642 is not from Intel*, so it should be a customized driver from Microsoft* or your system manufacturer. The system manufacturers regularly customize Intel* generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design

If you, double-check or update the Windows* to the official release, and you still need assistance, please provide me with the below information:

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
vapu
Beginner

Ok, so i need to download the driver directly from intel. I will do it later today.

Now i'm just attach the scan.txt for you.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello vapu,

Thank you for the report.

In this case, we would like to recommend a clean installation of the graphics drivers and the use of the driver provided by the motherboard manufacturer.

Please, follow the below steps and let us know the outcome:

1. Download the latest driver available on the manufacturer's website: [2‎7.20.100.8280]
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel Programs and Features. 
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Confirm in Device Manager Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  7. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded on step 1.
  8. Restart the computer. 
  9. Reconnect to the Internet. 
  10. If the issue persists, please try the same steps but use the generic driver from Intel version: 27.20.100.8681 

If after testing both drivers the issue persists, the best course of action will be to contact Microsoft* to check about this feature you're missing since it is from Windows* and it happens even with different drivers, so we can discard a bug on the driver.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello vapu,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
vapu
Beginner

Hi, Maria.

I'm already done testing that version of the driver step-by-step, and unfortunalely i've got the same results. Also i registered on the microsoft forum, explain the situation and asking for help. They said that the problem is familiar to them. It happens when windows applies some filters wich break the transparency. I don't know when they fix it. I think it's beacuse not so many peoples are complain about it.

Thx for interest to my trouble.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Vapu,

Thank you for the information.

Please, allow me to double-check this internally, I'll post back as soon as I receive any updates.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
vapu
Beginner

Ofcource i allow you, Maria.

It will be good if some official person send to Micosoft a ticket with this issue. May be they faster fix it. 

I like so much support from you ).

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello vapu,

Thank you for patiently waiting!

We tried to replicate this in our labs, but we were unable to do it.  We used our latest generic drivers 27.20.100.8783 and Windows 10 2004 (RTM build, not Insider Preview).

At this point, the only recommendation we can provide is to test rolling to Windows 10 2004 which is the official RTM build by Microsoft, we really believe that this is related to the OS, and since you opened a ticket with Microsoft* we encourage you to keep reporting this directly to Microsoft.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

vapu
Beginner

Thank you for your response, Maria.
Now i'm 100% sure that the problem is not on the Intel side. 

Also i promise, i will never asking for help when my OS is not final release. 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello vapu,

Thank you for your response!

We will be glad to assist you and guide you in any questing you may have. I really hope you can solve this problem!

I will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos