Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 (with i5-8400) cause Windows 10 freeze or hang after Install the Driver

TChal2
Beginner

Hi

I build my custom pc with Intel i5-8400 on Gigabyte H370m D3H mainboard and using only Internal UHD 630 graphics

After I setup my Windows 10 in UEFI bios once Windows is boot I install the driver by this sequence

- Intel INF driver

reboot

- Intel LAN Driver

reboot

Everything work fine but since I install an Intel VGA driver which i download from Gigabyte website after Windows detect the UHD 630 and screen resolution automatic set to 1920x1080 my Windows is hang and turning to black screen but i still see the move green circle but no taskbar not respond from mouse click

I push the reset button

Windows boot to login screen with 1920x1080 resolution it shoud be fine from here

but after I do login, once desktop are loaded I found that the taskbar is not respond suddenly after I login

I try to reset again

this time after I do login Windows 10 is seem to be find for just only 1 minute after I try to click on something it cause my Windows hang (but circle green still moving)

I try to enter with Safemode and uninstall the driver from Gigabyte and then reinstall with lastest driver which I download from Intel , problem is still occure

The good solution is just to use the Microsoft display basic adapter driver and Windows is work fine for a 24 hrs not hang not crash but laggy of graphic performance

What should I do ?????????

(My system is Intel i5 8400 on Gigabyte H370m D3H with 16 GB ram (Kingston) and Samsung 970 Evo m2 nvme)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello terng,

I understand that you are getting freezing or hanging problems after installing the graphics driver.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

This report is necessary so that I can have more information of the system and check for any issues, as well as having the driver versions installed.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello terng,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Please provide me with the report requested above.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos