Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel UHD 750 very hot despite CPU cool

cmoetzing
Beginner

Hi,

my Core i5 11600k runs at 29° in idle (windows desktop). Yet GPU-Z shows around 70-72° for the GPU temperature. Ist that normal? GPU load is 1% (as expected when idle).

And now the funny thing: when I start a game the CPU temperature comes up to ~45° and the GPU temperature lowers to 50°. What? How?

I tried the newest stable driver and the beta driver 100.9616 with no difference. Both CPU and GPU run with stock values.

Is that normal?

GPU-Z readingsGPU-Z readings

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Hello cmoetzing

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  We recommend using Intel® tools to verify those parameters, for temperatures you can use the Intel® XTU:

Once you run the benchmark you'll see the different temperatures, please share a screenshot with us. If this software confirms the high temperatures, please provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cmoetzing
Beginner
I think GPU-z is showing a wrong value. It looks like it displays difference to Tj as hwinfo does and labels it wrongly as GPU temp. This also explains why GPU temp goes down when CPU temp goes up.
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello cmoetzing

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  We recommend using Intel® tools to verify those parameters, for temperatures you can use the Intel® XTU:

Once you run the benchmark you'll see the different temperatures, please share a screenshot with us. If this software confirms the high temperatures, please provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
cmoetzing
Beginner

Thank you.  XTU shows normal temperatures for the GPU. GPU-Z is making a mistake with the afore mentioned values. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos