Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 620 (DRIVER: 9/25/2019 - 26.20.100.726) Control Panel recognizes and can modify multiple display when extended monitor is connected from laptop (Dell 7000 64 bit, Windows) but NOT when connected through Dell docking station (D3100).

PSpir1
Beginner

This was NOT a problem before laptop was serviced by Dell who upgraded drivers which eliminated UHD Graphics Control Panel and Command Center entirely. I had to download and install those apps from the web. Making Control Panel display modifications through docking station are critical because primary and extended monitor displays are both too dark unless tweaked on Control Panel.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello PSpir1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. 

2. Please connect all the monitors to the docking station and provide the Intel® Graphics Command Center report: 

• Press the Windows key. 
  • Write "Intel® Graphics Command Center". 
  • Go to the System Diagnostic tab. 
  • Press "Generate report". 
  • Save the report in a .txt file and send it to us. 

3. How many monitors do you have connected to the docking station? 

4. Please provide the monitor's model number and the cables used to connect them. 

5. Do you remember what was the driver version that used to work fine? And, what was the driver version installed by Dell that caused this feature to stop working? 

6. Have you tried rolling back to the previous drivers where this behavior was not presented?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello PSpir1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos
PSpir1
Beginner

Thank you for the generous reply. As it turned out the Intel Graphics CONTROL Center was updated by the I G COMMAND Center, which *does

*read the extended monitor connected through the Dell docking station. On

the other hand, I am not sure it changes the display on the extended

monitor very much. Is there an instructional video showing me how to use

the Command Center?

Thanks,

Paul

*Paul

Deleting personal information.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello , 

Thank you for your reply. 

Just to make sure, do you mean that in this case, the Intel® Graphics Command Center does read the extended monitor connected through the Dell docking station, but you are looking to receive further instructions, like a video, on how to use the Intel® Graphics Command Center, is that correct? You can refer to the Intel® Graphics Command Center – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for further information. 

Otherwise, here you have a video from a third-party source, not from Intel® but you can find it useful for your guidance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi84S0BWXJI 

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
PSpir1
Beginner

Thanks for your reply, but there is now a serious problem. The Command Center which I downloaded a few days ago INITIALLY recognized and ADJUSTED THE DISPLAY on the extended monitor (attached through the Dell docking stations). Then I *downloaded the latest Intel update* of my videocard Intel

UHD Graphics 620 . Now even though the Command Center identifies the

extended monitor, and the General features, but *NO LONGER SHOWS ANY

COLOR PARAMETERS. *The extended monitor display is* now more dim than it

was before the latest update* and *now I have no way to brighten it. I

hope you can help me get that capability.*

*Thanks,*

*Paul Spirn*

*Paul

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello PSpir1, 

Thank you for your reply, based on that, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread.  

2. Please connect all the monitors to the docking station and provide the Intel® Graphics Command Center report:  

• Press the Windows key.  
  • Write "Intel® Graphics Command Center".  
  • Go to the System Diagnostic tab.  
  • Press "Generate report".  
  • Save the report in a .txt file and send it to us.  

3. How many monitors do you have connected to the docking station?  

4. Please provide the monitor's model number and the cables used to connect them.  

5. Under the "Display" tab, the "Color" section, there are different color settings you can use; do you mean that with the latest driver installed, these features disappeared? If not, can you explain what are the color parameters features that are not available on your Intel® Graphics Command Center? 

6. Do you remember what was the driver version that used to work fine? And, what was the driver version installed that caused this feature to stop working?  

7. Have you tried rolling back to the previous drivers where this behavior was not presented?   

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
PSpir1
Beginner

Dear Sebastian,

Thanks for taking so much time to help me. I may have figured out how to adjust the extended monitor display.

Attached is the Detailed View of the Scan in the Intel SSU that I downloaded. As for the Intel Graphics Command Center that I recently updated, the System Diagnostic Tab is hard to find; it is actually on the Support page; the Diagnostic Report is attached.

My answers to your questions are in caps:

3. How many monitors do you have connected to the docking station? ONE

4. Please provide the monitor's m)odel number and the cables used to connect them. PLANAR PX191- SI; CONNECTED FROM DOCKING STATION HDMI VIA ADAPTOR TO DVI OR VGA INPUT.

5. Under the "*Display*" tab, the "*Color*" section, there are different

color settings you can use; do you mean that with the latest driver

installed, these features disappeared? THE FEATURES ON THE COLOR TAB OF THE

'CONNECTED DISPLAYS' PAGE ARE ONLY SHOWN FOR THE PRIMARY (LAPTOP) DISPLAY.

THEY DID INDEED DISAPPEAR FOR THE EXTENDED PLANAR MONITOR. HOWEVER IT

LOOKS LIKE THE DISPLAY ON THE EXTENDED MONITOR CAN BE ADJUSTED ON THE NEXT

PAGE, VIDEO MODE. I SHOULD POINT OUT IT IS NOT AT CLEAR WHICH MONITOR IS

BEING ADJUSTED SINCE THE CHOICE OF MONITOR HAS TO BE SELECTED ON THE

PRECEDING PAGE, CONNECTED DISPLAYS PAGE, AND IS NOT SHOWN ON THE VIDEO

MODES PAGE.

A SECOND CONFUSING FEATURE IS THAT IT IS NOT CLEAR HOW TO SAVE A DISPLAY (I

FIGURED OUT HOW TO RENAME THE ACTIVE CUSTOM SETTING) AND MORE IMPORTANTLY

WHETHER THE DISPLAY FOR EACH MONITOR IS SAVED SEPARATELY OR BOTH ARE SAVED

AS A SINGLE CUSTOM SETTING. PLEASE REVIEW HOW TO DO THAT.

If not, can you explain what are the color parameters features that are not

available on your Intel® Graphics Command Center?

6. Do you remember what was the driver version that used to work fine? And,

what was the driver version installed that caused this feature to stop

working? IT WAS THE UPDATE PUSHED TO ME BY INTEL TWO DAYS AGO. I DON'T

KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THE DETAILS.

7. Have you tried rolling back

<

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008628/graphics-drivers.html

>to

the previous drivers where this behavior was not presented? I WOULD NOT

KNOW HOW TO DO THAT.

You are most generous with your time.

Thanks again,

Paul Spirn

*Paul

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello PSpir1, 

Thank you for the information, please check our recommendations below:   

1. Unfortunately, I do not see the Intel® SSU nor the Intel® Graphics Command Center reports attached, please make sure that you are using the paperclip icon on the thread to attach them (you can only attach one report at a time). 

2. Under the Display tab, you should be able to change different color settings by selecting the displays shown on the "Connected Display" pane; the "Video" tab is for different purposes.  

3. Regarding the "Video" tab, all the custom settings you apply there are saved by default, you can create different profiles and identify them by name. However, those settings would be the same for all the monitors since the customizations are applied for video only. Note: You should make sure that you have the "Automatically process this video to enhance it" option enabled on Video playback settings. 

4. You can try to roll back to a previous driver version following these steps (you can also visit this link😞 

• Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager 
  • Expand Display Adapters 
  • Double-click on your Intel® display device 
  • Select the Driver tab 
  • Click Roll Back Driver to restore 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello PSpir1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get support from the sources provided? And also get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello PSpir1,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post a new question.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos