Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 620 optimization options for gaming (repost)

EtsWindows1018
Beginner

(Posted here in Graphics in the Hardware products section. originally from Getting Started in New Users Start Here.)
Hi, I'm new here. I have a question regarding the built-in display adapter/GPU on my Acer Swift 3 SF314-56.
The question is: how do I optimize the Intel UHD Graphics 620 for gaming and video editing???
also, in case you need the specs for my Swift 3, here:

CPU: Intel Core i5 8265U

Memory: 8GB RAM (4gb built-in, 4gb removable)
Storage: 128gb SSD with 1tb HDD

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport

Hello EtsWindows1018,

Thank you for attaching the report. We usually review the these files to get more information about the system configuration.

It seems that you are using the latest graphics driver available at our Download Center. Regarding the question about applications, they usually work better with more video memory.

The actual maximum graphics memory limit reported by Windows can vary. The memory limit is dependent on non-Intel-controlled factors—for example, available system memory, BIOS, or system settings.

For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

Are you experiencing an issue with VEGAS PRO 17.0 (Build 452) by Magix at this moment?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IntelSupport

Hello EtsWindows1018,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To optimize games to play on Intel® Graphics, we recommend that you visit https://gameplay.intel.com/. Here you can find settings depending on the platform you are using.

Regarding your question about video editing, which applications are you using?

Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  3. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  4. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  5. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
EtsWindows1018
Beginner

The video editing program I use is VEGAS PRO 17.0 (Build 452) by Magix.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hello EtsWindows1018,

Thank you for attaching the report. We usually review the these files to get more information about the system configuration.

It seems that you are using the latest graphics driver available at our Download Center. Regarding the question about applications, they usually work better with more video memory.

The actual maximum graphics memory limit reported by Windows can vary. The memory limit is dependent on non-Intel-controlled factors—for example, available system memory, BIOS, or system settings.

For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

Are you experiencing an issue with VEGAS PRO 17.0 (Build 452) by Magix at this moment?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
EtsWindows1018
Beginner

Thank you for answering my question.
Now, in regards to VEGAS Pro 17.0 (build 452) by Magix, I do have an issue with it. Still, it only works when I set the GPU acceleration of video processing option to Intel UHD Graphics 620 and restarting the application afterwards. Now, this is when the issue starts happening: When I open up a project, it loads up that selected project and then it crashes, giving me an unmanaged exception error (0xc0000005).

If you want, I can send you a screenshot of the error.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hello EtsWindows1018,

Thank you for the update.

Please attach a picture of the error message you are receiving.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
EtsWindows1018
Beginner

Sorry for wasting your time, sir. The issue of Vegas Pro 17.0 crashing when loading up a project with the GPU option turned on must have been mitigated. It looks like the error reporting client doesn't pop up when this happens.

To keep this error that I might have encountered simplistic, I must have fixed the error. (meaning that I must've changed a setting that was probably the cause of the issue happening in the first place.)

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hello EtsWindows1018,

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you were able to address the error message your application was displaying.

We will close this inquiry. If you need any further assistance with other issues or inquiries, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos