Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 630 - Can't to enable HDR

Murarius
Beginner

Hello!

I have a problem with Intel UHD Graphics 630 and HDR.

Configuration:
Intel Core i7-10700K.
Asus TUF Gaming H470-PRO motherboard (Wi-Fi)
BIOS 2210
Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.928)
TV Samsung 75TU7100 connected via HDMI-to-HDMI Cable v2.0

All drivers are the latest.

There is no way to enable HDR in the Windows screen settings (there is simply no such switch). The display is detected as 8bit, RGB, SDR.
Dxdiag shows that HDR is not supported.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Murarius, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

I was checking the HDR system requirements and as you can see in the link below one of the requisites for the HDR feature to work is that the mother should have an HDMI 2.0a port, please look at page 7 "LSPCON":

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

So, I looked in ASUS's website to confirm the version of the HDMI port on your motherboard, and actually is HDMI 1.4b, as you can see in the following link, please check where it says "Graphic"

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-H470-PRO-WI-FI/techspec/

So, that will be the reason why the HDR feature unfortunately will not be available for this platform.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Murarius, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Based on the SSU report, the graphics driver version currently installed is 27.20.100.9466, which is the latest Intel® Generic driver, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in ASUS's web site and the latest graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.9127, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below and once you get the chance please let us know if you can activate the HDR feature with that driver:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-H470-PRO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Murarius
Beginner

Albert, thank you for your reply.
No, removing driver 9466 and installing driver 9127 did not solve the problem.

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Yes, the components are new, if that's what you mean. This is not a supplier build, I purchased the system unit components myself a month ago and assembled them myself.

Was it working fine before?

During that month of use? Not sure: I haven't used HDR, and only noticed it a few days ago when I connected the computer to the TV in an attempt to try out the HDR feature.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

After discovering that the HDR feature didn't work, I tried to see if it would work on the GeForce 710 graphics card, installed it and the nVidia drivers, only to discover that this card definitely does not support HDR according to its specification. So I removed it from the motherboard and removed all nVidia drivers and software.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Murarius, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

I was checking the HDR system requirements and as you can see in the link below one of the requisites for the HDR feature to work is that the mother should have an HDMI 2.0a port, please look at page 7 "LSPCON":

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

So, I looked in ASUS's website to confirm the version of the HDMI port on your motherboard, and actually is HDMI 1.4b, as you can see in the following link, please check where it says "Graphic"

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-H470-PRO-WI-FI/techspec/

So, that will be the reason why the HDR feature unfortunately will not be available for this platform.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
danhnguyễn
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@danhnguyễn   You should start a new thread.   Also, it is a holiday weekend in the US, which means the intel support staff will not be back until Tuesday..

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Murarius
Beginner

Albert, thank you.
I searched for information about the version of HDMI this motherboard has, but for some reason I couldn't find it. And I was sure that nobody uses 1.4b anymore in 2020, but it turns out I was wrong. 🙂
Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Murarius, No problem at all, you are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to know that the information provided previously was useful for you on this topic, and yes, some manufacturers still use the HDMI version 1.4b in some of their products even in 2020, we are glad to help.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Murarius
Beginner

Albert, hello.
Unfortunately, the problems did not end there. I connected the TV with a DisplayPort-HDMI cable. The DP version on the motherboard is 1.4. I assume this is enough for HDR? 🙂 Alas, I still can't enable HDR. Moreover, Windows offers a maximum resolution of 1920*1080@60 when connected via DP. I have installed both the drivers that are listed on the Asus website as recommended and the ones that Intel suggests - no result. Can I confidently rule out any issues with the drivers?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, what's available on your motherboard is only DP 1.2; that's all that your processor can support (only the Ice Lake 10th gen 'G' processors can do any better than that). While a LSPcon IC (if present) can convert DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a, you can't get any better DP output than 1.2.

AFAIK, there are no DP-to-HDMI 'native' adapters that can support HDR if only DP 1.2 is available. You must have a LSPcon IC on your motherboard, generating a HDMI 2.0a signal, in order to accomplish this (at least at 4K resolution).

...S

0 Kudos