Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver, compatibility, error 43

TGasp4
Beginner

​Hello. When using my gaming laptop I ran into a problem.

Specifications:

Name - HP OMEN 15-dc1018ur;

Processor - Intel core i7 9750H;

Built-in graphics adapter - Intel UHD Graphics 630;

Operating system - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903.

When installing the driver on the integrated video card, Windows gives a warning that "Installing this driver is not recommended, because Windows cannot check its compatibility with the software. If this driver is incompatible, your hardware will not work correctly and the computer or it will not be able to work, or it will be unstable. Do you want to continue installing this driver? At the same time, I have the opportunity to continue installing the driver, which I did. After 12-16 seconds of installation, a window appeared in which it was written:

"Windows detected drivers for this device, but an error occurred while trying to install these drivers.

Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630

Windows stopped this device because it reported

occurrence of malfunctions. (Code 43)

If the manufacturer of this device is known, you can visit its website and check the contents of the support section for the correct drivers. "

At the same time, the driver is still displayed in the device manager, but with an exclamation mark on the yellow triangle. When you try to update this driver, the driver automatically disappears, and in its place comes the base video adapter (Microsoft). If you try to restart the laptop immediately after installing the driver, the driver remains in place, but with an exclamation mark on the yellow triangle, which was before the reboot. A similar result when shutting down and then turning on the laptop.

I clicked on this driver in the device manager, went to the "General" tab, then I saw in the panel under "Device Status" the inscription: "Windows stopped this device because it reported a problem. (Code 43)". I also went to the "Resources" tab and noticed the following:

"Resource Parameters:

The device does not use resources. There may be errors in his work. "

I tried to install older versions of the driver, tried to install the latest versions, both from the official website of the laptop manufacturer, and from the Intel site. The result is the same, namely the driver with an exclamation mark on the yellow triangle and with an error of 43. I tried to install the drivers in different sequences, in other words, tried different methods, but it did not succeed. The whole process of installing the driver is correct, the driver is licensed, which means there should be no problems with it, it has a digital signature. Why can't Windows check the compatibility of the driver of the integrated video card with the software? Is this related to my operating system? How can I avoid error 43 and install the integrated video card driver successfully?

I will also say that I turned to the manufacturer of the laptop and to Microsoft, it did not help.

Help me.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your HP laptop has nvidia graphics. The intel graphics are disabled by HP and therefore not available.

You need to contact HP for support. They are solely responsible for support of your laptop.

Doc

TGasp4
Beginner

Is there any algorithm for self-inclusion of Intel graphics, or should the manufacturer do this? If I can do it myself, please tell me how.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Algorithm? It seems to me that HP has taken a decision to support only nvidia graphics on certain laptops.

Contact HP.

Doc

0 Kudos
TGasp4
Beginner

It turns out the problem is not in the operating system?

0 Kudos
TGasp4
Beginner

I contacted the HP support center, they told me that they did not accompany Windows 10 Pro on this model and that some functions might not work correctly.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is correct. From my looking at the specifications, Windows 10 is not supplied with this laptop. It comes with FreeDOS 2.0. So, with this information, I would not expect everything to work.

I think you have your answer now, correct?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If HP has chosen to not enable Intel HD graphics, then that is the answer.

What you really need to do is to contact HP regarding this, as it is their problem. They are the manufacturer, your warranty is with them, and you paid them for support.

Doc

0 Kudos
TGasp4
Beginner

As I already told you, they focus on the problem of the operating system, namely its non-maintenance on this model. When I asked them if the Intel graphics driver would work on Windows 10 Home, they replied that it was entirely possible.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, as I have already told you, you need to work this out with HP. And, WIndows is a Microsoft issue, not Intel. There is nothing that can be done here. If HP does not support Windows on your laptop, then HP does not support windows on your laptop. It is as simple as that.

Take the laptop back to to the supplier, and get a refund. Then, purchase a laptop that is known to support windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
TGasp4
Beginner

On the Intel website, I noticed that the driver for the integrated UHD Graphics 630 graphics card of the Intel core i7 9750H processor is supported on the Windows 10 64 bit 1903 operating system, is there a dependency on the operating system edition or does this version apply to both the Home edition and the Pro edition?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is for all versions of w10 64-bit.

Doc

0 Kudos