Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

'Intel® UHD Graphics 630' - only 6 bit color depth. Color accuracy is very poor (OMEN by HP - 15-dc0014nq). All the drivers install correctly. Latest driver on Intel site unable to install (photo 2).

TMold
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use ONLY the drivers provided by HP, as they have been modified/customized for your device. Do not use the Intel generic drivers unless explicitly told to by HP.

Also, you should use HP's tool for updating your drivers and not IDSA.

You need to contact HP for support, as they are solely responsible for the support and warranty of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
TMold
Beginner

Only drivers provided by HP using their updating software. Thanks!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are ways around the error being seen, but Al is absolutely correct; for laptops - and especially if dual graphics solutions are being used - you should be relying on your vendor to provide you with compatible drivers and support. You should not be using the generic drivers off the Intel site. As part of your laptop purchase, you paid HP to provide you with support, demand that they provide it!

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
TMold
Beginner

I am using drivers only from HP site. I was trying to install a driver from Intel site because it`s the newest for that Intel® UHD Graphics 630 card. I was talking also with a HP consultant, he has no solution and recommended me to talk with Intel. So here I am, first on forum....

0 Kudos