Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21263 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 730 not Showing 165Hz

ehekkoko
Beginner

I have noticed that despite the presence of the option to support 165Hz mode in the Intel Command Center, the graphics can only display a maximum of 120Hz on the monitor I am using. I want to highlight this difference based on my experience using another laptop with integrated AMD graphics, which was able to run the monitor at 165Hz.

I have tried various settings and updated the Intel UHD Graphics 730 driver to the latest version, but the issue remains unresolved. The monitor I am using has the capability to operate in 165Hz mode, and I believe the problem lies with the graphics capability of Intel UHD Graphics 730.

As a user who cares about graphics performance, I hope that Intel can provide a solution to this issue. I want to enjoy gaming and use the monitor at its specified refresh rate of 165Hz, as indicated in the Intel Command Center.

I am currently using an HDMI to DP cable capable of handling up to 4k 60Hz for console gaming. However, when connected to my system with the Intel UHD Graphics 730, I am only able to select a maximum refresh rate of 120Hz.

Integrated Intel UHD Graphic 

11Screenshot 2023-07-07 1055318.png

Integrated AMD Graphic

165.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ehekkoko

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to use a higher refresh rate on your system.

Please share with us the following information so we can better assist:

• Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 
  • Create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instructions under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC)  

In addition, have you tried using a native HDMI to HDMI or DP to DP connection?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
ehekkoko
Beginner

Attached is the system log file SSU. The second option did not generate anything. I have tried using HDMI-to-HDMI connection at a maximum of 120Hz, but I cannot use DP-to-DP because my laptop does not have a DP port.

ehekkoko_0-1688752379200.png

0 Kudos
ehekkoko
Beginner

Here after uninstall intel arc

ehekkoko_0-1688836264994.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ehekkoko

Thank you for the information. Based on the laptop model from the log file you shared with us and the official documentation from MSI, this laptop's maximum refresh rate mode will be 120Hz. Please share the document attached for more information, in this case, I suggest checking with MSI to make sure but it seems the hardware cannot go above the 120Hz refresh rate cap.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ehekkoko

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

0 Kudos