Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20627 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 770 driver and Dell UP2414Q 4K monitor

Vitali
Novice

Could you please help me. When I connect via Display Port Dell UP2414Q monitor it operates OK at 4K with the refresh rate 30HZ. When I enable in the monitor menu DP1.2 setting (to set the monitor to 60HZ refresh rate, as per monitor manual), the screen splits into two separate sections in reverse order, and as for Windows 11 Pro settings, the monitor operates with the refresh rate 60HZ.

I believe the problem is with the Intel graphics driver or motherboard graphics settings, because when I connect the very same monitor to the display port output of Nvidia 1080TI card, the monitor operates at 4K 60HZ  with no problem - no split into half screen.

I have the following hardware: Intel Core i9-12900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-G Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, and graphics driver Version 30.0.101.1069 of 11/2/2021.

Might be I am wrong, and there are some settings in BIOS of my motherboard to properly set up the display port output of my motherboard? I was trying to find, but could not find such settings.

Excuse me for my poor English, as it is not my mother-tongue.

0 Kudos
46 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vitali,

In this case, we do not have information if DP or other types of connection will be added to the support, our recommendation is to keep checking our Download center to have our latest drivers and keep updating the IGCC tool to have new features and support. 

We understand that one application is making the change to 10 bit automatically when reproducing video, we can confirm that the Intel Graphics supports 10-bit color depths in our current driver implementation, the color depth will be set as per the OS configuration. 

It's important to know that the Operating System, the application being viewed, and the driver will determine which is the best mode to display dynamically. Usually, you can set that in windows. Since you cannot set the color depth on IGCC, our recommendation is to check with Microsoft to see if there is another way to do it 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Vitali
Novice

Hello Josue,

I found the way to enable 10 bit color depth in Windows 11 - just by enabling HDR in Display Settings - Use HDR.

The problem is, when I watch HDR encoded movie, 10 bit color enabled, the picture and colors are perfect. But if I just enable HDR in Display Settings, the color depth becomes 10 bit, but the desktop screen looks bluish, too bright and unnatural.

Is it OK or some trait of a driver? I will try tomorrow to repeat it with Nvidia card at Windows 10 computer.

Sincerely,

Vitali

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vitali,

I am glad to hear that you found a way to enable 10-bit color depth on Windows* 11, regarding the issue, we will wait for you to test the display on the second computer. Please let us know if the issue persists. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Vitali
Novice

Hello Josue,

My new monitor model is LG 27UP850-W USB Type-C and it has IPS 8bit+A-FRC matrix. With Nvidia card driver with HDR enabled in Windows it is recognized by Windows as "Bit Depth - 8 bit plus dithering", in case of Intel driver it is recognized as "Bit Depth - 10 bit".

But the general impression is the same with HDR enabled in Windows - excellent reproduction of HDR movies, and with HDR enabled - a little bit bright bluish color tint with windows desktop applications where it had to be pure white with any of the cards - Intel or Nvidia.

I believe there's a lot to be done by Microsoft, Intel and Nvidia to make everything to operate correctly with HDR enabled at 60 HZ.

Thank You for your aid,

Sincerely,

Vitali

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vitali,

You are very welcome, remember to keep checking our download center for the latest drivers and IGCC for the latest features that are going to be released. You can also check our newsroom for the latest news on technology.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/home.html

Also, our recommendation is to also keep checking for future updates for the inf driver provided by the monitor manufacturer, remember that in case you need assistance with this, our recommendation is to contact them for guidance. 

Hope this information is useful, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos