Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics (IGDKMD64.SYS) BSOD while updating to Windows 11

FabioRM
Beginner

Good morning to all of you. I'm trying to update my Asus Rog Zephyrus Duo GX550LXS-HC060T notebook with Windows 11 Home. When i start the process from the Microsoft site downloaded iso, i'm getting an error once the process reaches 48%, more or less, the second time that Windows reboots my notebook showing : System Thread Exception Not Handled concerning the file IGDKMD64.SYS (it should be connected to the integrated vga driver Intel UHD Graphics as far as i know). I have already downloaded and tryed 2 different versions of the driver from Intel's site: the latest and the previous one and the result is always the same. Is it necessary to wait a further driver update release by Intel or is it gonna be something else i can do to solve this problem? For further information i attach to this message the screen showing Windows 11 update error once my notebook has been auto restored to Windows 10 (i'm updating the system manually with a downloaded iso because using the integrated windows update function the operating system is not yet shown like available for update). Hoping and waiting to have some info about this problem solving i thank in advance all the people that will try to help me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosueO_Intel

Hello FabioRM,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. 

We noticed you have an open thread in regards to these same issues, we will provide assistance via the first thread. You can find the link to it here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Aggiornamento-a-Windows-11/m-p/1329370#M102847

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos