Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD Preventing Fallout 4

Jake1
Beginner

Intel UHD device is preventing the launch of Fallout 4 and requires me to disable Intel UHD before it will launch. Once it is launched I get extremely poor performance. I have an NVIDIA GTX 2070. Why does Intel UHD prevent the launch of Fallout 4 and why does operating without Intel UHD reduce my performance outcomes?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
Jake1
Beginner

I have attached the requested file.

0 Kudos
Jake1
Beginner

I have attached the requested file.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Normally, with laptops, you should stick with the graphics drivers that are provided by your laptop vendor. This is because they may have customized the drivers and, by updating, you can lose these customizations. The automatic switching between graphics solutions is a typical customization that might be lost. I see that you are running an updated NVIDIA driver. Try returning to the version provided by Asus and see if this restores the functionality.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos