Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD graphics problem Part 2

ZoomZoom
Beginner
I am using laptop that have a Intel UHD  and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max Q design graphics card. Whenever, I open or close an application e.g Discord, Slack, internet browser etc.., the screen blinks for 2 second and black screen appear. The blinking happens in the Windows in general. It gets even worse when I play a video, or on a conference video call or share their screen. The screen keeps blinking and black screen appears every 2 second. I'm using an HP-EP0020ca laptop and with the specification report attached in the attachment.

The only way i could resolve this problem was to disable IntelUHD graphics driver and only use my NVIDIA graphics card. The screen does not blink again but the screen resolution is not as good as having both graphics card enable. I disabled  my NVIDIA graphics care and the blinking still persists.

In the past, the same problem happen and was able to roll back to the original driver (factory setting) when I was using Window 10. There was no problem with the old driver. However, now I have been upgraded to Window 11, and I can't go back to my original driver.

I previously posted the message on this forum too, but the case has been closed because of late reply  https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-UHD-graphics-problem/m-p/1418362#M110127. I tired what Alberto_R suggested me to do from the reply from Oct 27 in the link I posted. The blinking issue did occur when I had Windows 10 and I have encountered the problem 3 times before upgrading my laptop to Window 11. Everyone I need to reinstall the whole PC and restore the graphics card back to the factory setting. The blinking screen does occur in the BIOS. I disable the Panel Self Refresh setting in the Intel Graphics Command Center, but the problem still occurs. 

Is there already new Intel UHD graphics card driver update that resolves this problem?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ZoomZoom,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Since the issue is also happening in the BIOS, can you confirm if checked this issue with HP?

2. just to confirm, is this issue happening with both drivers (Intel and HP)?

3. Is this happening also with an external monitor?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ZoomZoom
Beginner

It's hard to confirm if it's really happening with in BIOS because there was a black screen for only 1 second, but the blinking is not as evident as in Windows. The problem does not exist with the external monitor, but will open certain application in the external monitor, the laptop monitor flashes. The problem seem to be happening with Intel. I now reverted back to the original Intel driver. The BIOS seems to be normal.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ZoomZoom, 

Thanks for the confirmation. If the issue is not present in the external monitor but still happening with the laptop's built-in display this could mean that the issue is related to a problem with a laptop.

I recommend you check with HP to confirm that there are no issues with the laptop or if there is a problem with the generic drivers (Intel). Bear in mind that the drivers from HP are customized to work perfectly with their unit.

1. Can you confirm the driver version that is not giving you the issue?

2. Is this driver from Intel or HP?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ZoomZoom
Beginner

The driver version that is not giving me an issue is Intel ® Graphics Driver Version (Intel(R) UHD Graphics) 30.0.101.1660. Any version that is newer than this one would give me the issue. Intel ® Graphics Driver Version 31.0.101.2114 gave me the blinking issue. I will try to ask HP for a newer version of the Intel UHD driver update.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ZoomZoom, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ZoomZoom, 

Thanks for your patience. In order to continue with the investigation, I will need you to provide the following information:

1. Is this only happening on the laptop display?

2. Does this also happen with a second monitor? 

3. Is the flickering issue also happening in the BIOS? (To access the BIOS, check with the laptop manufacturer).

4. Did you complete all Windows updates?

5. Can you take a video example of the issue?

6. If you change resolutions/refresh rate from the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Intel® GCC), do you get the same outcome?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ZoomZoom, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ZoomZoom,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos