Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD630 drive bug with win11

chengbo_zhao
Novice

I just upgrade my system from win10 to win11 last month. But the drive of intel GPU make me annoyed.

My system has two GPU, intel UHD630 with i7-8550U, and NVIDIA MX150. the first time when I upgrade to win11, the GPU drive broke. So, I uninstall all GPU drives and install latest (Both). Then I found when I maximize or minimize my Microsoft Edge, a fast black flashing will occupy whole screen. Only I change the <Choose ANGLE graphics backend> in <edge://flags> from Default to D3D can it display normal.

So now I just uninstall the latest intel drive and keep the version to 27.20.100.9320 (which is install automatically by win11). Only this special drive works well (The windows update will push an update, that will also cause the problem described previously). So, I think that's a bug in new version drive.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chengbo_zhao
Novice

1&2. 联想T480笔记本更新win11后有时不时闪屏现象-远景论坛-微软极客社区 (pcbeta.com)

3. I confirm what I uninstalled is NVIDIA drive.

Now I fix it.🤣 It's actually caused by the win10 to win11 upgrade process.

I use the DDU Toolkit (Display Driver Uninstaller) in win11's safe mode to uninstall all GPU drives. Then I restart my laptop and install the latest GPU drive (intel, then NVIDIA). Then all the issues disappear. That means the official uninstall function provided by Microsoft didn't work as expected. And obviously the intel drive can't handle the residual configuration files too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello chengbo_zhao, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Can you share a video or picture of the issue?

4. Does the issue appear with an external monitor or only with the built-in display?

5. Can you provide the brand and model name of the monitor, if you are using one?

6. Does the issue appear with other browsers?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
chengbo_zhao
Novice

1&2&3. See uploaded files.

4&5. I only have a build-in monitor.

6. Not for firefox. But other app which requires special GPU function will appear the same. See the video.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello chengbo_zhao, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. Perform a clean installation of the Lenovo graphics driver.

2. Performed a clean installation of the Intel latest driver:

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389.html

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

3. If possible, perform a BIOS update. You may need to contact Lenovo for instruction.

4. As a test, try with a TV or a monitor to confirm if the issue occurs on an external display.

5. Check with Lenovo for a hardware inspection and for further steps.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
chengbo_zhao
Novice

1. OEM drive act the same.

2. That's what I already have done. And even I uninstall my NVIDIA MX150, it also didn't work as expected.

3. Not work.

4. Not have external monitor.

5. I think no problem with my hardware. Firstly the special win11-build-in drive works well (not exactly, every time I log in, the brightness always be the top. So, I need to adjust it manually). Secondly, all the problem didn't happen when I use win10. I also notice that some t480 user also report the same issue in other website.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello chengbo_zhao, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
chengbo_zhao
Novice

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello chengbo_zhao, 

In order to continue with the support, please try and provide the following:

1. Can you provide the link to the thread where you saw the report of this behavior with more T840 systems?

2. We do not have reports of this behavior in other systems, so we cannot confirm a driver bug; however, it is possible an issue with the drivers and the system you are using. I recommend you report this directly to Lenovo. We can try to replicate this, however, will be probably in a different system configuration and the result may not be the same.

3. Just to confirm, is the issue present if the Nvidia card is disabled? or the other way around with the Intel card disabled?

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
chengbo_zhao
Novice

I use the DDU Toolkit (Display Driver Uninstaller) in win11's safe mode to uninstall all GPU drives. Then I restart my laptop and install the latest GPU drive (intel, then NVIDIA). Then all the issues disappear. That means the official uninstall function provided by Microsoft didn't work as expected. And obviously the intel drive can't handle the residual configuration files too.

chengbo_zhao
Novice

0 Kudos
chengbo_zhao
Novice

I can't post the link. The system will delete my answer automatically.

All in all, I fix it. Just use the DDU tool to uninstall all GPU drives in win11's safe mode. Then restart the computer and install the latest drives (intel, then NVIDIA).

It caused by the win10 to win11 process. And the drive can't handle the previous configuration files whether just simply install the latest drive or uninstall the previous driver by conventional method.

DeividA_Intel

Hello chengbo_zhao, 

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the issue by using the DDU tool. I will proceed and close this thread since you got a solution.

If you need further assistance on this or any other matter, do not hesitate to open a new thread.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos