Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Intel XE Max and Iris XE Frequent BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION igdkmnd64.sys Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1

pulli005
Beginner

I have been getting BSOD on a daily basis with a new Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1, using the Iris XE graphics chip, with the error message BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION igdkmnd64.sys.

The first of these models I purchased was returned to BestBuy when the BSOD just "stuck" and they couldn't repair it. Same model, second time, and we are back to daily BSOD again. I haven't run anything other than low demand office applications, using just the laptop (no peripherals except an external hard drive to back up when needed given the crash issues). I've read a lot of threads on Dell and Acer sites, as well as here on the Intel site. Looks like Iris XE is the source of the problem. 

This computer has had all drivers updated...I installed Intel Optane memory and storage software...I installed the Intel SSU software.  Please advise on any latest fixes from Intel for the XE / XE Max BSOD problem.

BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BIOS Mode UEFI
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.4.1 , 03/30/2021 12:00 AM
CD or DVD Not Available
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
Platform Role Mobile
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz , GenuineIntel
Secure Boot State On
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Sound Card Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones
Sound Card Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Bluetooth® Audio
Sound Card Realtek Audio
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 7506 2n1
System SKU 09DE
System Type x64-based PC

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
pulli005
Beginner

Adding the file from the Intel Processor Diag Tool as well. I think I now qualify as a product tester at this point.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Either downgrade driver to the versions provided by DELL or upgrade to 27.20.100.9466

Steam recommends to disable Citrix Workspace exposed by your SSU report.

0 Kudos