Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel YHD620, Graphics Command Center - Some features are not supported on non-intel adapters

DRL
Novice

Dear Community,

I have a Lenovo X390 with a Intel UHD620 card, connected to a dock through USB-C then connected through DP to two Philips Brilliance 328P6 monitors. 

In Intel Graphics Command Center, a red banner reads "Some features are not supported on non-intel adapters". HDR for instance does not work. 

Is there any way to improve the situation? 

Thanks in advance, 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Whose dock?

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
DRL
Novice

Thanks for taking the time to helping me. 

The Dock is a Lenovo ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500180)

Please find the report attached, 

Best, 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DRL, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Unfortunately, I could not find the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) attached, please follow these steps:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Please connect the Dock, your 2 monitors and provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers in a .txt file, follow this link

3. Provide a screenshot of the message that shows the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC). 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DRL
Novice

Dear, 

Sorry for that, I was sure it was included in the first answer. Please find attached as requested.

Thanks for your assistance! 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DRL, 

Thank you for the information provided. 

While checking the report that you sent named as "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 - Monday, 24 August 2020.txt" I noticed that the system detects the 3 displays, however; it is only getting details about the Built-in display of the laptop, and this seems to be most likely a problem with the Dock being used. 

For testing, is there a way you can try connecting the displays to the system directly (without using the Dock) and provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers again? If you are not able to connect the 3 displays at the same time try with 1 or 2.  

Additionally, you can check with Lenovo* to get the latest firmware and drivers for the Dock and the laptop as well. 

Laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x390/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Display%20and%20Video%20Graphics 

Dock: https://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/solutions/pd500180 

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
DRL
Novice

Again, thanks for your assistance, 
Please find attached the newer report. 

I shall check the Dock's driver right now. 

Thanks and very best, 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DRL, 

Thank you for the information provided. 

I can see that the report is now recognizing all the features for the 3 displays, which shows that the Dock was blocking some features of the monitors connected, were you able to install the latest updates for this Dock? 

Additionally, just so you know, latest Intel® graphics cards and drivers do support HDR, however, there are many ingredients needed to make this work, please check the Technical White Paper (PDF) for all this information. 

Section 3, System Ingredients: From all the ingredients needed, it is good to know that the physical display interface on the PC that connects it to the HDR display could be HDMI, DisplayPort, mini-DisplayPort or USB Type-C. For HDMI, version 2.0a is required. It is important to look for HDCP2.2 support, which is needed for premium content to be transmitted to the display.  

My recommendation would be checking with Lenovo* to see if your PC and Dock meet these requirements. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DRL,  

Were you able to check the previous post and contact with Lenovo* for all the details? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DRL,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos