Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel driver forgets to apply personal settings for image quality when decoding video with DXVA

KLope
Beginner

this is the new thread for this problem here

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004HCnzySAD/cannot-disable-driver-optimization-for-videos-played-with-dxva?t=1556778905892

hello, I just saw your message. I did install SSU and I also updated my BIOS to 1.13 1.13 (R10ET28W)

the changelog for the BIOS mentions intel.... However, the problem is still here. with current driver 25.20.100.6374 on windows LTSC 1809 Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.17763.107], ie my settings for video quality are not applied at boot,so I must use a reg file to set them easily, or open the intel GUI to get them working (no need to change, just opening the page of the GUI on the video quality is enough)

Package BIOS (BIOS ID) ECP (ECP ID) Rev. Issue Date

--------- ---------------- ---------------- ---- ---------------

1.13 1.13 (R10ET28W) 1.09 (R10HT23W) 01 2019/04/22

1.11 1.11 (R10ET26W) 1.07 (R10HT21W) 01 2019/03/07

1.05 1.05 (R10ET20W) 1.02 (R10HT16W) 01 2018/12/10

with changes:

[New functions or enhancements]

- Update Intel VBIOS to version KL2_9.2.10190 and GOP to version KL2_9.0.10850

- Correct USB PXE GUIDS and add TBT Dock Gen1 & Gen2 to support list.

[Problem fixes]

- Update WUFU related code.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KLope
Beginner

here is the .doc I submitted in the old thread

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Thank you for posting in the Intel Community and for all the detail information allow me to attempt to replicate the behavior, I will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Thank you for waiting. I have set a similar environment to replicate the behavior that you are having but the setting made on Intel® UHD graphics control panel or Intel® graphics command center never stop working even after a system restart. • I have used the following environment: • Intel® Core™ i7-8700K • Intel® UHD 630 diver 26.20.100.6709 • ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.17763 Build 17763 During the testing I made changes on both Intel® UHD graphics control panel or Intel® graphics command center. Please try completing the Operating system (OS) updates on the system, To check if you are up to date you can click on the "Start button" search for "Windows Updates" and do a check for updates or contact Microsoft* Support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/). Complete the graphics driver on the system though Windows® updates (once you complete the update please test the system and provide me with the driver version that is installed), follow these steps: 1- Go to device manger 2- Open the display adapter tab. 3- Right on Intel® UHD graphics 620. 4- Select update driver. 5- Use the option "Search automatically for updated driver software. In case the issue still persists try installing the Latest Intel® UHD 620 graphics driver version 26.20.100.6709 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789) on the system. To complete the diver installations follow these steps: 1- Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3- Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4- Restart the computer. 5- Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6- If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: a. 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' b. 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. c. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. d. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7- Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8- Restart the computer. 9- Reconnect to the Internet. If you run into any diver installation error please provide me with a picture of it, also please let me know the outcome of the testing. Hope these helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope Have you tried the steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KLope I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos