Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel graphic 620 Can't play 4k at 60hz

dkeis
Beginner

I have attached the Laptop and the External display(TV) links for full specs.

Laptop : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-light-gray/6292308.p?skuId=6292308

TV : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-led-nu6900-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6268405.p?skuId=6268405

I connect the TV via HDMI cable and in the "intel graphic settings" for the external display ( The 4k TV) I only get refresh rate between 23-30hz. 23 HZ looks good and 30 HZ is lagging. Also I can't even choose the 60 HZ option.

Intel graphic 620 should support 4k at 60HZ, and this TV should do it as well. How can I make 60hz looks good on this TV ? thank you !

(HDMI cable got the "HIGH SPEED" text on it)

Thank you !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dkeis
Beginner

I forgot to​ mention that the HDMI cable also support 4k at 60hz and my Intel graphic 620 driver is up to date.

Thanks​

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The processor supports three simultaneous outputs, each compliant to the DisplayPort 1.2 specification. Each of these outputs is capable of supporting a 4K monitor at 60Hz. Now, you say your laptop has a HDMI connector. In order to have a HDMI connector, the laptop must have a LSPcon chip that will perform the protocol conversion between DP to HDMI. You need to check with Asus and determine (a) whether the chip itself can support HDMI 2.0 (i.e. support 4K@60Hz HDMI output) and (b) whether the available firmware for this chip (also) supports HDMI 2.0 (if not, ask Asus whether there is a firmware update available that will add this support).

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. I have a pseudo-rule: if the cable came with the monitor, it is worthless crap.

0 Kudos
dkeis
Beginner

Asus told me that my laptop doesn't have this LSPcon chip. I have 1 hdmi port and 1 usb-c port. ​

Is there anyway I can play 4k 60hz without this chip?

Also the cable is from Walmart the brand is "BlackWeb" it says on the packaging it support 4k at 60hz.. ​

Is there anyway I can get around it? Even streaming maybe using plex ? ​

Thanks.​

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If there is no LSPcon chip, then the HDMI port will only support HDMI 1.4 -- which means that it can only support a 4K monitor at 30Hz.

I​f the USB-C port supports the DisplayPort Alt Mode, then you can use a USB-C-to-HDMI adapter to connect a 4K monitor at 60Hz. Make sure the adaptor you purchase actually says it supports 4K@60Hz.

...S

0 Kudos