Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel graphics driver for Starwars Battlefront on Windows 10

DMann3
Beginner

Hello Intel

I recently bought the new StarWars Battlefront game for PC and successfully installed it.. However when I'm about to play it says that I must update my graphics driver from 10.18.10.4276 to 10.18.14.4264 (which is said to be a driver for Windows 7/Windows 8.1, not for win10). Anyway, this driver does not work with my processor (se specs below), and as such it does not install. Which driver version should I use for my processor and Windows 10?

Thankful for help!

According to the Starwars Battlefront forum (http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-community-update-5 Forums, Beta News, and PC Recommend Specs - Star Wars - Official EA Site), it should run on my system:

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Minimum Specs:

CPU: Intel i3 6300T or equivalent

RAM: 8GB RAM

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB - DirectX 11.0

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M CPU @ 2,60GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB

Graphic card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

0 Kudos
7 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, DanMan:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

Here you can find the latest driver for your CPU, please make sure you select the correct OS.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25698/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-33- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* 7,8.1,10 [15.33]

If you encounter with issues while installing the drivers, you could also test the next installation method.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DMann3
Beginner

Hello again Intel

Unfortunately, installning the latest Intel Graphics driver 10.18.10.4358 (15.33.42.64.4358) does not help. The game still asks me to update the Intel driver to xx.xx.14.4264 or later. Any other ideas? Return the game to the store and require to get my money back? 😕

Thanks

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, DanMan:

Lets do the following:

1. Uninstall the graphics driver from the device manager, and select "Delete the driver software for this device".

2. Let Windows 10* install the default drivers from their end.

3. Install all Windows updates that could be available so far.

4. Manually install the driver mentioned before.

Additionally, Please keep in mind that the requirements to run this game are really high as you can see in their web site: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-community-update-5 Forums, Beta News, and PC Recommend Specs - Star Wars - Official EA Site

For example it needs as recommended specs: An Intel 6th generation processor series, 16GBs of RAM memory, and a dedicated video card, for example as minimum an AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB - DirectX 11.1.

Some more information about this, the driver that this game is requesting to update is for the 4th gen of processors, but you are currently with he 3rd gen, my recommendation for this would be to check with the game developers support to see if there is a possible workaround for this to work with your game.

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, DanMan:

This is to follow up on this inquiry you posted in our communities.

If you require further information or support, please do advise us.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
RGres2
Beginner

​have the same problem. I downloaded 10.18.10.5069 driver from driver & support. which it gave me as the latest update, battlefront still asked for 10.18.14.4264. turns out the Video RAM required is 2048MB, intel HD 4000 has 32MB.

0 Kudos
RGres2
Beginner

test if your system meets game requirements- https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri.

0 Kudos
AMora57
Beginner

Hello everybody. I've experienced the same issues with my game in the past few days. Indeed, as Ecald2 has answered, the game requirements are very high. It does not work with the Intel GPU, but only with a dedicated GPU. I have a laptop with an AMD Radeon additionally to the Intel GPU and the game stopped working when my dedicated GPU died few days ago, and I had to disable it (windows started to freeze eveytime I've tried to reinstall or update the AMD GPU driver). I have the same message for Intel GPU when I try to load the game. It simply does not run without a dedicated GPU. That is the fact. In my case, since I have a laptop, it means I will not be able to run the game again unless I buy another computer. That's the hard truth. So, it seems to me that the problem is not your Intel GPU, Dmann3, but the fact that you don't have a dedicated GPU to run the game. That's it. Anyway, I thank everyone who discover a way to run the the game with the Intel GPU, because you cannot even find that driver version the message asks for, and, then you try to install the latest version, it simply says it is not supported.

0 Kudos