Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel graphics for windows not found

anis
Beginner

Dear admin, i am trying to install the OneApi, but i get warnings during the prerequisites checks saying that my driver was not found, while the driver is there. when i try to update the driver i get ''

No supported driver or software updates are available for your system.

"
Can you please tell me how to work out this problem ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @anis

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to provide you with the right expectations, since this is the forum related to Graphics questions/issues, we will be glad to assist you to verify the graphics driver version installed on the system, possible graphics drivers available, and driver status. However, just for clarification purposes, we don't handle inquiries or issues specific to the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit. For assistance specific to Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, prerequisites, etc, we recommend posting your concerns on the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit forum. 

In order to check the graphics driver status, please provide the following details:

1- Detailed steps on how you are trying to update the driver. You may also provide some screenshots.

2- Screenshots from Windows® Device Manager >> expand Display Adapters.

3- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
anis
Beginner

@AndrewG_Intel  Thanks for your reply, how can i send you the file please ? 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello anis

Thank you for your response.

You can attach the full Intel® SSU file (.txt file) here directly to the thread. To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

I will also send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile in case you prefer to not post it publicly in the community.

Please kindly also provide us with the information regarding questions # 1 and 2.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello anis

Thank you for your response via internal email.

We can confirm we have received the Intel® SSU report with the system information.

After checking the report, we noticed that your system Dell* OptiPlex 9020 is running graphics driver version: "20.19.15.4835" which seems to be a customized driver that DELL* released in 2018.

The latest driver offered by DELL* is driver version 20.19.15.5063 (release date 17 Apr 2019). The latest driver offered by Intel® is driver version 15.40.48.5171 (release date 05 Feb 2021).

It is worth mentioning that the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM); also, OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues so the usual recommendation is to use the OEM driver as the first option (especially on systems like this one that comes with dual graphics configurations (e.g.: Intel® + NVIDIA*).

In order to update the driver, we recommend first trying a clean installation of Intel® graphics drivers using the DELL* driver version 20.19.15.5063, A08. Please follow these steps:

1- Download the latest DELL* driver from this link and save the file on the computer: Intel HD 4000 and 5000 Series Graphics Driver Version 20.19.15.5063, A08

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the section Display adapters and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager.

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel HD Graphics 4600 or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded .exe file to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the issue persists, you can repeat the steps using the latest Intel® generic driver (.exe file) from this link: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40] Version: 15.40.48.5171.

If the installation is unsuccessful with the Intel's .exe file, try installing the driver using the .zip file:

1- Download from the same link on Download Center and save the .zip file on the computer (win64_15.40.5171.zip for Windows® 64 bits).

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Follow the previous steps 5-7 above until the driver in the Device Manager displays as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Go to where the .zip file is saved and unzip it.

4- Right-click the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

5- Select Update driver.

6- Click Browse my computer for driver software.

7- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

8- Click Have Disk.

9- Click Browse. Select the location where the driver files are located.

10- Click Next. Drivers are being installed.

11- Reboot the computer when prompted.

Please feel free to report back the outcome. You may refer to this link What's My Intel® Graphics Driver Version? to review the driver version installed.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello anis

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello anis

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos