Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel hd 3000 latest driver not installing

idata
Employee

I have a windows 7 64bit 2nd gen i3 dell computer running intel hd 3000, and i tried installing the latest driver which can be found here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3319&DwnldID=21430&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng Download Center. the problem is that the driver fails to install, it says it failed to install one or more driver, i tried restarting my computer and it still doesnt install. Any way i can fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Are you sure you tried the exe version? The zip version won't work due to the non generic inf.

idata
Employee

yup, i tried both. I just tried rolling back the graphics driver and even that doesnt work

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

What Hardware ID does your HD3000 have? Is that a OEM system? Try uninstalling the current driver first. If that does not work, install the newer via the disc install method. Unpack the exe version of the driver and select the inf (since the zip version won' work unless you modify the inf).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks so much for trying to help me out but i figured out what the problem was, i set my computer to normal start up through msconfig and changed the number of processors on boot to 4 and i was able to install the new driver without any trouble at all

0 Kudos