Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel hd 520 (lenovo miix 510) cant display to hdmi via usb-c adaptor

BKela
Beginner

Hi,

I cant display to hdmi via the usb-c port (with usb-c -> hdmi adaptor)

Display works in bios.

Display works with microsoft basic driver (mirrored)

When installing intel hd 520 driver from lenovo or latest from intel, hdmi gets no signal

The intel drivers detect the external monitr (it detects the name of external monitor) but i cannot make it active or display to it.

windows 10 x64 1803

after this screen, screen goes blank, then appears with just built in display

I have tried with latest driver: 24.20.100.6094 released yesterday, still no display, i have also tried 4 dfferent drivers from lenovo and intel, same result.

Message was edited by: Ben Kelada

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello BenK-Oz

Thank you for joining the community.

Allow me to share with you that the drivers provided by the OEM should work on his system due to those are built for it. since you have tried different drivers versions to solve the issue, at this point seems to be a hardware comparability issue in this case I recommend to contact the OEM manufacturer to test the system with the adapter that you are using also they may able to provide you with a list of tested peripherals for your system.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BKela
Beginner

But it works with default display driver, could it be a driver issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BenK-Oz

Thank you for your response.

Allow me to share with you that the manufacturer will customize the drivers for the specific system, in that case the Intel® drivers are the generic drivers for the Intel® graphics controller on your system, since you have mentioned you have test different versions of the Intel driver with no success, as mentioned previously given the test perform I recommend contacting OEM to test the system if possible with your configuration or provide you with a tested configuration.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos