Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Intel hd 620 2k 144hz?

yellowpoke
Novice

Hi. I have intel graphics 620 and i am unable to get more than 60hz at 2k resolution. I am using hdmi 2.1 cable. With 1080p (fullhd) i am able to get 120hz. The monitor is capable of 144hz.

Does intel hd 620 support 2k 144hz? Because i see that it supports 4k 60 hz, why does it not support 2k with bigger refresh rate then?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yellowpoke
Novice

Yes i am trying to set 2560x1440x144hz as said before.

No error happens when i set this resolution. The thing is that it is capped at 60hz. And i can not enable hdr.

The unfortunate conclusion is that my laptop hdmi output is HDMI 1.4 only.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yellowpoke
Novice

I am using latest version of Windows 10 and latest version of drivers for intel hd 620. In graphics center i see 2560x1440x144hz supported, but i can not set it. Also hdr is not available in operating system.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello yellowpoke, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following reports: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Attach the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Provide the following details about your connection: 

• Brand and model number of the monitor. 
  • Brand and model number of the HDMI cable. 
  • Are you using any type of adapter/converter from your system to the monitor? If yes, please provide the brand and model number as well.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
yellowpoke
Novice

I attached intel support utility report and intel graphics driver report.

Monitor i use: Dell 27 gaming monitor S2721DGF

Hdmi cable is pre-packed one. Something like this is written on the cable: "... AWM style 20276, 80 C, 30V, VW-1 hotron premium high speed hdmi cable with ethernet"

I am not using any converter. Its straight hdmi to the monitor.

Also the laptop i am using is Acer Aspire 3 A315-51.

I also tried fresh installation of operating system windows 10 and again install drivers, but it did not help.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello yellowpoke,  

Thank you for your reply. 

We noticed that you have an internal support ticket where you are currently being assisted. Since only one thread/case is allowed per issue to avoid duplication of efforts, we would like to know if you prefer to receive assistance via the internal case or this community thread? 

If you prefer to receive support via this community thread, please provide the following: 

1. Based on the reports I can see that you have an Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor with Intel® HD Graphics 620, indeed the maximum supported resolution via HDMI is 4096x2304@24Hz https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/95443/intel-core-i5-7200u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-10-ghz.html  

2. However, the above will depend on the monitor, ports, and cables being used. I can see the graphics report recognizes as a supported mode "2560 x 1440 (144p Hz)", is this the resolution that you are trying to set? 

3. What happens if you try to use this resolution? Do you receive any error message? 

4. Please provide a screenshot of the supported resolutions under Display Settings Display resolution. Also, include another screenshot of the supported resolutions under the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Display > Resolution.  

5. In regards to HDR support, the Intel® Core™ CPUs from 7th generation and above will support it, but it also depends on other factors, for instance, you need HDMI 2.0a revision; you may want to check with Acer* for these features: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
yellowpoke
Novice

Yes i am trying to set 2560x1440x144hz as said before.

No error happens when i set this resolution. The thing is that it is capped at 60hz. And i can not enable hdr.

The unfortunate conclusion is that my laptop hdmi output is HDMI 1.4 only.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello yellowpoke,   

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, this seems to be a limitation from your PC that you need to discuss with the system manufacturer (OEM). 

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry from our side as the thread was marked as solved. If you have any additional questions, please submit a new post as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos